T100 2017 with passenger

lozpop

moped
Hi everybody, I'm really interested in the new T100 2017. One thing that worries me though is the fact that every single review says that if you need to carry a passenger you should go with the T120.

Is that really the case or nowadays we are just obsessed with power? It's obvious that the T120 have more horsepower so of course it's better for carrying a passenger, but does it really mean that the T100, a 10.500$ 900cc motorcycle, is not good for that?

I'm 60kg and my wife is 50kg, and we look forward to take some short trips with the new motorcycle. I'm in love with the new T100, and I just want a motorcycle that can easily cruise at 110km/h with enough power to accelerate and stay away from hazard situations on highways.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
You'll be fine. I've done long days two up on my thruxton. You'll have higher cruising RPMs on the highway but that's really it. Plenty of power to still get out of the way, and be comfortable enough for at least a gas tank or two. People are power obsessed.

kdharri

moped
I say go for it.
I weigh a bubba-like 122kg and ride a T120; but I'm also coming down from heavy cruisers.
You may need some seat or shock upgrades for the long haul, but you'd likely tinker once you got it anyway....

owenbrau

moped
The idea that you need more than the 865 to carry a passenger is ridiculous. Heck, I did a two-up trip from Philadelphia PA to Bangor Maine on a CB550 back in the '80s. About the only thing you may want to do, and you probably want to anyway, is upgrade the rear suspension, stock is pretty wimpy. I have Hagon Nitros, and I weigh 300+lbs (136 kkg).