Suspension Query Bonne EFI

henrys

Street Tracker
How about a pic, Henrys?

Please excuse the crappy phone picture but you get the idea. Also, I didn't have the CBR forks on in this shot but they look the same as stock other than coming up out of the triple tree about a inch (they are longer than stock).

IMG_20100903_173140.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
If anyone ever wants to swap a stock black seat (07) for one of the brown ones...please keep me in mind.....

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
That brown saddle looks damned excellent on the black paint. I was thinking of a natural leather saddle but seeing the brown has given me a another option.
Thank ya Henrys

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hi guys unfortunately I have to sell my ride due to my medical conditions reiters syndrome, the position is causing me bone damage just had some x-rays, great disease it sux's, so this is where the journey of my bonneville ends. The bike is in the for sale section kindest regards and great appreciation to you all.

Ben Dickens

hankmarx

750cc
Ben, that's awful. I hope you get a fair price for your ride, I hope you get some pain relief, and i hope you find a bike you can ride soon. Sending good thoughts.

sportyone

Street Tracker
Hi guys unfortunately I have to sell my ride due to my medical conditions reiters syndrome, the position is causing me bone damage just had some x-rays, great disease it sux's, so this is where the journey of my bonneville ends. The bike is in the for sale section kindest regards and great appreciation to you all.

Ben Dickens

That's the shit man,

forget the cafe racer style,

just put it back to standard everything & ride upright ?

wouldn't that be the answer mate?

don't know any other bike that would be better other than that, for u really,

catch up soon man, :d

cheers :beer:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
That's the shit man,

forget the cafe racer style,

just put it back to standard everything & ride upright ?

wouldn't that be the answer mate?

don't know any other bike that would be better other than that, for u really,

catch up soon man, :d

cheers :beer:

Even with the suspension mods the ride is too harsh for me so its time for the bike to go its sad but necessary, I cannot afford to do any more damage to my joints and bones, and yep it sux's big time:brit:

tv guy

Scooter
Even with the suspension mods the ride is too harsh for me so its time for the bike to go its sad but necessary, I cannot afford to do any more damage to my joints and bones, and yep it sux's big time:brit:

My sympathies, I also contemplated selling the Bonnie due to it’s as delivered harsh suspension. Last week I received new adjustable YSS shocks and while I’m still in the tweaking stage of tuning I am happy to say I’m keeping the bike. I’ll review the setup after I put on some miles; (the key is reducing the rebound damping a lot!!)

I also have arthritis luckily it only effects finger joints (for now) but in hopes you can save the riding part of your life have you considered different bikes? Specifically dual sports, the stock suspension on most of them is light years better on poor pavement than the stock Bonnie’s. With their popularity down under there should be someone you could get to let you try a DR650. If you want more power I’ve heard only good things about the new Triumph and BMW 800’s, & the BMW 1200 GS is excellent (though pricy!!!) The long travel suspensions take some getting used to but it is the reason these bikes work so well off pavement and on the crap paved roads we seem to find more common now. Some riders find the seat heights on these bikes intimidating (you get used to it) but if not most can be lowered. They mostly have comfortable ergonomics knee bends are easy on joints, you can change/customize the seats and bars are cheap to change to suit the rider. I’m not knocking the Bonnie but riding is such an important part of my life that I will find a way somehow to keep doing it as long as I’m able.

Cheers and good thoughts!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I am hearing u and couldn't agree more, its a dam shame but thats life and luck changes, I got a bargain on a ducati 696 monster, great suspension and handling I like it a great deal but I dont love it like I loved my bonneville. Bonneville's are a special bike with heaps of charactor and personality and I will dearly miss her once she is gone, but I cannot afford to keep her just to look at and the occasional ride, it sux but that is life. My loss is somebody's gain so hopefully somebody will look after her. I checked the BMW F800R nice bike but too exe'e for me at the min 16500aud. Nice bike though and very smooth, the Ducati I bought cost me 9400 AUD WITH 14000KM ON IT. Great buy but again I will miss da bonne cheers and thanks for your help and comments and please all of you that have helped me over the years accept my sincere thanks and appreciation kindest regards BEN DICKENS

Kirkus51

Hooligan
ZRX shocks in the back. Ricor intimidators under the stock front forks. Shocks are a dream. I need to cut the spacers on the front forks as they're a bit stiff.

What spacer are you removing on the ZRX shocks, I am buying a set for my T100. Is it to reduce the preload on the shock springs.

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
I put progressive 412's on my 09 Bonnie (cast wheel). They are ok for the price-better than OEM for sure-but next time I'd get a better shock.

rodhotter

Scooter
put a set of bitubos on my magged bonnie, best shocks i ever owned, they actually flex absorbing our rough roads well, i am 170 lb and these are the standard model WME's