stuff to do this winter

drlapo

Hooligan
Tiger 800: tires, 12000 mile service, plugs, filters, oil
Daytona 675, new tires, again!
BSA B50, cables, tires, set valves and timing
Ducati 160; make a mount for the seat and make it GO!
BMW R80, transmission oil leak?
Thruxton; polish and admire
Guzzi V7; paint fly screen, from an old Thunderbird, and mount
BSA A65: everything, long term project
Triumph TR250; rebuild engine, a valve went through the piston
HD Sportster: I'm not touching that bike (son's bike)
CB350; rebuild engine, suspension, , tires, paint and reassemble
3 months is not long enough

beemerrich

Street Tracker
...3 months is not long enough

Move to Michigan. We've had snow on the ground since mid-November. Figuring on *maybe* getting the bike out by mid-April.

Once I bought the thruxton, I thinned the herd. Best. Bike. Ever. I still have a basketcase '54 R25/3 and crashed out CB-350 race-bike to work on if I get bored...

Cheers,

--Rich

Flaco

750cc
You guy's are killing me!
Damn! I live in one best enviorments for riding and I still can't find the time to ride, wrench and repeat! Work, home and health…
Carry on and when you move to the south west look me up!
drlapo. You have a lot on your plate. Trust you have a heated work space…
Flaco…

drlapo

Hooligan
took the top of the Tiger off last night: all exhaust valves and 2 intake valves are tight ; out come the cams
the Thruxton valves were all within range at 12000 miles
both the Daytona and the Street Triple needed valve adjustments at 12000
I would have expected it to be the other way around

drlapo

Hooligan
I do my winter projects in my heated basement rec room.
the basement also houses my heated workshop for "dirty" work and my garage is heated

with the kettle on and the TV providing back round noise its a pleasant place to be.
I'll spend much of the winter underground

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
only need to buy one valve shim as I was able to move some around and had some left over from my son's bikes
the entire 12000 mile service will cost under $100 including oil
now to select new tires; probably the Avon Distanzia

Roger

Street Tracker
You guys down south are probably enjoying the best time of year for riding. Lucky bastards :)
I still wouldn't want to deal with the extreme heat during your summers though.

My bike has been parked since the first snow early November. Don't have a garage but the bike is under an overhang and covered. Battery is on a tender and waiting till probably mid April when things clear up enough on the roads. This winter thing got old real fast this year.

Flaco

750cc
You guys down south are probably enjoying the best time of year for riding. Lucky bastards :)
I still wouldn't want to deal with the extreme heat during your summers though.
Yes, it's brutal! However that's why we ride south in the winter months to avoid the cold and chilly air. We ride north in the summer months to higher elevations that mimic your northern summers… Here is the caveat. Then we hit the heat coming home from the higher elevations!
Hey Roger. There is a compromise, but you too have beautiful riding and scenery!
Allin...