Stress break

monty

Street Tracker
Recent events saw that I needed to get away. Not having ridden the Bonnie for about two months, the time seemed right and I headed off to give my head a softer ride.
Aa few photos then.....................

monty

Street Tracker
Photos then...........................

I hope you enjoy these.

Monty.

Attachments

• west somerset 003.jpg
    west somerset 003.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 0
  • west somerset 006.jpg
    west somerset 006.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
  • west somerset 010.jpg
    west somerset 010.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I miss riding in Wales a lot!:(

But I will be loving it when I'm in Blighty next summer on a riding vacation! Maybe we can share a pint when I come through Wales after ripping through Ireland :beer:

monty

Street Tracker
I miss riding in Wales a lot!:(

But I will be loving it when I'm in Blighty next summer on a riding vacation! Maybe we can share a pint when I come through Wales after ripping through Ireland :beer:

More than welcome to. Let me know route etc closer to the time and we can meet up for a bit.

Simply getting on and riding was a help. It had all got a bit much and i needed to get away.

Monty.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Nice photos! I know exactly what you mean about getting away. I like riding out in big places and thinking how insignificant I really am. Makes problems seem even smaller. This too shall pass, and all that....

Best wishes!! You are back on the bike!! So, things will get better. I still remain in awe of your cold weather rides.

Sal Paradise

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Glad to hear you're back in the saddle Monty.
You cleared your head by all accounts but how were the wrists after the ride?

monty

Street Tracker
Glad to hear you're back in the saddle Monty.
You cleared your head by all accounts but how were the wrists after the ride?

Thanks guys. Had a meeting with the Doc yesterday. Was offered steriods long term. Declined. Hands are aching but working. View riding the Bonnie as the best form of therapy I could wish for. I will perservere.

There is a saying ' stuff everything. I still have my bike'

Went out for a ride on Tuesday. Just me and my lovely girl, Nina. It was one of those days where nothing was planned but everything just dropped into place. Saw some great places and met some very nice people.

Pics to follow,

Ragards,

Monty.

monty

Street Tracker
Pictures as agreed......

Taken in the Sennybridge area.

Attachments

• IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
beautiful shots.....thanks Monty. Be well.

Take 3 tylenol an hour before you go out - put 2 more in your breast pocket just in case- works wonders

Sal

wobblygong

Street Tracker
You're out there doing it, Monty.
Sharing it with someone you care about is a bonus. Love the pics mate!

Time will heal the discomfort and what better way to spend time but on the bike.:up:

monty

Street Tracker
Thanks chaps.

Just took my lad on his first camping trip on the Bonnie and he was great. More importantly, he had a good time and can't wait to go again.

Putting up and taking down the tent caused carnage with my paws, but it was worth it just to have my lad with me.

Monty.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
My wife has been in the hospital since the 26th of June. She's stage four colon cancer, and it's starting to get complicated. At her request, I stay in the room with her, going home about every third or fourth day.
The reason for all this too much information is that, last time I went home I let the Scram out of the garage and spent maybe twenty minutes riding around the long block in my neighborhood. The idea was to charge the battery, and stir all the fluids. Yeah, right. It was 95 out, sun like a MIG welder, and still one of the best short rides I've had in awhile.
You see these T-shirts about "you never see a motorcycle in front of a shrink's office". That is sooo true. There is no better meditation than listening to an engine run. Mike

Last edited:
My wifw has been in the hospital since the 26th of June. She's stage four colon cancer, and it's starting to get complicated. At her request, I stay in the room with her, going home about every third or fourth day.
The reason for all this too much information is that, last time I went home I let the Scram out of the garage and spent maybe twenty minutes riding around the long block in my neighborhood. The idea was to charge the battery, and stir all the fluids. Yeah, right. It was 95 out, sun like a MIG welder, and still one of the best short rides I've had in awhile.
You see these T-shirts about "you never see a motorcycle in front of a shrink's office". That is sooo true. There is no better meditation than listening to an engine run. Mike

Sorry to hear about your wife. I can't imagine the stress. Couldn't agree more about getting on two wheels. Motorcycles or Bicycles. Nothing clears my head like getting the wind in my face.

Wishing you and yours all the best.
-jeremy

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
I see riders going somewhere in a group and I think about good times shared with friends and family that have similar likes. Then I see riders going down the road solo and I think about all the times I used to ride home from a bad day at work and have the ride itself erase most, if not all that angst from the day. Some times I would, to quote Supertramp, "Take the long way home" I believe that is the part of being a motorcyclist that non riders will never understand.
Going down a country two-lane into a fall sunrise is a very spiritual thing.

monty

Street Tracker
Mike, I understand where you are. I have had a few things going on this year, hence this thread. The latest is my mother, who is 90 now, is in hospital and I am back and forwards to her and have been for the last five weeks. There have been a few dark times and without the support of my girlfriend things would have been very difficult.

The Bonnie works and getting away, be it a longer run to work or a run to the hills, is a perfect antidote. I will never sell this bike. It is helping me through the most difficult period I have ever had in my life.

Regards to you Mike,

Monty

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Monty and Mike,

Tough times indeed. Best wishes. You have written some tender words there. It is exhausting, once the hospitals have them and you are spending the hours. I hate hospitals, I'd rather ride off a cliff at WOT in 5th gear at red line.

I found a similar relief when my mom was dying of cancer a couple of year ago. I used to sit in the waiting rooms and read those soap opera magazines and tabloids they leave there. It was horrible, the magazines I mean -so I started buying Cycle World, Bike magazine, etc. reading them there and leaving them on the end tables for the other poor bastards who were in similar situations. My mind would be off on some exotic bike while my body was in the cancer ward waiting area. I came in one day and an old fellow had my copy of Bike in his hands and was smiling!

Its in your mind as much as it's in your bike.