Street Twin Brighter Headlight Option if anyone is interested

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I'm about to install and try this LED out. Requires no fan because of the special design stainless mesh heat sink.

20160810_170157.jpg

Attachments

• 20160810_170157.jpg
    20160810_170157.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0

bonZa

Street Tracker
for me a couple of years back it was new Cibie headlight. made out of proper metal and glass with a decent reflector rather than the miserable plastic stock globe, that also was burnt where the H4 bulb fits in. a Hella globe would just be as good,

then I bought a relay kit from http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html so that the volts go direct from the battery to the light bulb rather than through the Hi-Lo beam switch and the existing pathetically thin wires. now the switch just operates the relays to flick from Hi to Lo beams. made a tremendous difference. I measured the voltage drop through the switch before fitting the relays and from memory it was about 1.5 V due to the resistance of the thin wires and the switch. that equates to a lot of Lumens lost. now with the wire direct from battery the voltage drop is next to nothing

with all of this, if I inadvertantly leave the Hi beams on even during daylight hours, oncoming cars crack the shits and flash there lights at me and thats still with the stock bulb.

next I'll get one of those Philips X-treme vision bulbs as above

the LED's maybe bright, but with correct wiring, a good reflector(globe) and halogen bulb I think this gives more oomph