Stolen Bonneville

simpson

TT Racer
My friend, Tom (SCBonnie) had his 2003 Bonnie T100 stolen from his home last night in Graniteville, SC. (Near Augusta, GA)

Please keep an eye out for it...or parts of it around the SC/GA/NC area.

It had a custom metallic garnet and black paint scheme that is a one-off.

picture.php

picture.php

-simpson

Last edited:

simpson

TT Racer
Thanks, guys...needless to say, my friend is gutted. He had put heart and soul into that bike. Lots of good memories, and good times.

Hopefully it will be found soon...relatively unscathed.

-simpson

koifarm

Hooligan
So sorry for that happening, I know how you feel, I had a 68 Bonnie stolen in Chicago next to my apartment, locked with case hardened chain and massive lock, they tried once and came back the next night with a torch and got it, I shoulda moved it but was foolish in believing the chain would hold.
Hope you get her back.....

drlapo

Hooligan
we had 3 bikes stolen last year from our garage.
we know who did it and recoverd one
he stole it again
the thief was killed in a drunk driving accident

simpson

TT Racer
The local authorities recovered it....well most of it.

The ignition is cut up, the rear shocks are gone, the side covers are scratched, but the bike is back home!

Tom said he fiddled with the wires and got it to fire right up!

We're getting him spare parts and he'll be back riding in no time.

-simpson

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
Thanks for all the comments and offers guys...

I finally found the thread where Nathanial "hid" his original post... I was looking in the Bonneville folder... stupid me...

Anyway, just to get the correct info out there... yes, SC does have the death penalty... and proudly so...

I actually lucked out by having as kind of "purps" as you can have, steal something... As far as I can tell, nothing other than the Ignition switch, left side cover, my custom bikini fairing and my Progressive 440 shocks are missing.

The paint work is totally undamaged, as are the Staintune reverse cones...

Outside of replacing the fairing and its custom paint, it will be very easy to get things sorted and get back on the road... I'm just having to go through the Insurance Co. dance. I also have to go to the DMV and get a new license plate... mine was a vanity one (IOM TT) and I'd like to get it replaced...

Anyway, thanks again for all the help and support... and yes, it was a VERY trying ordeal... My Bonnie is the most precious and dear material item I have... Only my daughters mean more to me...

Last edited:

Twodogs

Street Tracker
So what happened to the scum that stole it, a slap on the wrist?? It worries me to have a car or bike stolen and then get it back because I always wonder what they have done to it hence the expression "Drive it like you stole it!!"

Twodogs

Street Tracker
So sorry for that happening, I know how you feel, I had a 68 Bonnie stolen in Chicago next to my apartment, locked with case hardened chain and massive lock, they tried once and came back the next night with a torch and got it, I shoulda moved it but was foolish in believing the chain would hold.
Hope you get her back.....

Chains and locks are only put on to keep the honest guy out

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
So what happened to the scum that stole it, a slap on the wrist?? It worries me to have a car or bike stolen and then get it back because I always wonder what they have done to it hence the expression "Drive it like you stole it!!"

Hey Twodogs... I don't know if you're asking me about what happened to the "scum"... In my case, the scum have not been caught and I doubt that they ever will... The landowner where they put my Bonnie, noticed it and called the police. They ran the VIN # and called me. I just went over, loaded it up on my trailer and took her home...

I'm not holding my breath for the NCIS folks to show up... I think they're more interested in heading off to the doughnut shop...

I'm just really fortunate that I got my Bonnie back and that it wasn't trashed... A few missing parts that will be put back on and I'm good to go. it could have been a lot worse... most bikes are never seen again. And if they are, they're usually torn up...

hankmarx

750cc
Damn glad you got your bike back.

I would be worried the fucktards would be back. They have seen where you keep it and whatever else you might have. A cheap security cam might go a long way toward piece of mind.

Demar

Two Stroke
Damn glad you got your bike back.

I would be worried the fucktards would be back. They have seen where you keep it and whatever else you might have. A cheap security cam might go a long way toward piece of mind.

Or a Rottweiler.