Speed Triple front end

strokerlmt

I have been workin 7 days a week making things happen and I haven't had any time for the Bonnevilles. I have a question for Sweatmachine and anyone who cares to contribute or has experience. My wife's bike is down to a bare frame waiting for powder coating. I have a speed triple set of yokes and forks. When I mount the yokes I see a slight difference in the rake compared to Bonneville/Thrux. What would be the handling difference with the ST front end...
Thx....LMT

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
More rake or less? My guess would be less. Less rake - quicker steering, more rake "slower" more of a stable feel at speed. You could offset less rake with shorter rear shocks, much like the Thrux reduces rake with longer than bonnie shocks. Of course you have to factor in the front wheel diameter, smaller diameter will decrease rake even more, much like the thrux 18" wheel does vs the 19" bonnie wheel. So if your going with the speed triple 17" wheel this will come into play.

strokerlmt

Thrux...yes less rake ..thx.....that all makes sense. I am contemplating ST front end with Bonneville front wheel twin brakes.
LMT

Phil-1100

Scooter
th_DSC02682.jpg

Had my Speed Triple front end on for the last four years, works well

Texas94fs

Hooligan
What they all said. You can also off set it by sliding the forks up in the trees a little bit to match the stock geometry. You should actually measure the fork length to make sure they are long enough to not upset it as well.

nohawk

Rocker
Phil, anymore pictures of your bike? I have been thinking of doing that with a daytona 955i front end.

Phil-1100

Scooter
I also jacked up the rear a little to quicken the steering some more.
It is differcult to slide the forks through the yokes anymore the mudguard comes very close to the bottom yoke.
I am hoping to pull it all off over the next couple of weeks as I have just started totally rebuilding the bike, I have some upside down forks a 1100cc kit and am trying to get a six speed gearbox to work
When I get into it over the next couple of weeks I will post in the project area

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/Philmecavity/

Have a look at a few pictures

nohawk

Rocker
Wow you have put alot of work into your bike Phil. If that 6 speed works out well then you must be a genius. I really like the idea of making the Daytona front end a part of the Bonneville,the brakes are awsome.What had to be done to make the steering stem fit the Bonneville?? And what the hell happened to the crankshaft?? Really, Really Cool Bike Dude