Sickness leads to random things

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Well I've been holed up more sick than charles manson and boredom has set in so with the painting of my front fender and ped slicer, I decided to paint my full face skid lid. Took all the stickers off and wow was that thing dirty and nasty, In the process of wet sanding with some 600 grit and then jump to 1500 before priming and sanding again. Gonna be a semi gloss black and flat white. . . debating on a spade directly on the back. . .who knows. Here's a few pics before it all.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0

ivar

TT Racer
What material in the helmet? Read somewhere that polycarbonat helmets could react with the solvents in the paint, damaging the shell.
...anyone...?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
hmmm ivar thats a good point, I shall see with the primer, I'm not completely removing the coating that is on there already, just sanding it smooth. So the paint should never actually contact the shell itself. The helmet is a bit odd. That primer grey you see is some sort of plastic rubber coating. It sands down really really well so far and I am pretty sure it will hold paint very well.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I found a primer specifically for all types of plastic so the helmet should be very well protected. Also finished up with the 600 grit wet sand and buying the 1500 grit sandpaper today! Should be in primer tomorrow!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
All painstakingly taped up and sanded for the most part, in primer and drying overnight before i sand her down and touch up with a bit more primer then off to masking off to spray the black and then the white, and then perhaps a spade on the back

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 0