RODBURNER...Billetproof...

rodburner

Rocker
Gary,I met up with the Mondo entourage on Sunday morning.There was maybe 100 cars left from the reported 600 the day before. I guess all the cool stuff happened Friday and Saturday,cuz it was pretty dead.Talked with BillyD and his gorgeous wife from the JockeyJournal and looked over a few booths,but didn`t take a single pic.. Check with Mondo maybe.

Saw some pics over on a Chevy truck forum. Seemed to be a lot of 60's chevy trucks there.

Mine is going through a few changes...cast alum corvette valve covers, cherry bombs (for that retro sound), BFG rubbers. Got a new HEI distributor and edelbrock intake, yet to be installed. Stay tuned.

See ya at PIR.

IMG_9736.jpg

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Nuttin like messin with old chevvy pickups....only truck I know you could sit on a fender, but both feet in the engine compartment and wrench on the engine....try that on an 09 chevvy and see where ya get....

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Here you go...The Best Car Show I've been to...2 years in a row...Saturday was Awesome!! Over 650 cars and trucks easily over a thousand people...No stupid rules (Goodguys Car Show:ghey:)...Park where you want...drive around the main strip...Hang out...Drink your OWN BEER!! I entered my 64 C10 Custom this year...people loved it...nothing like it at the show...Hell...many of the cars and trucks there were one of a kind.

There is a recovery of Traditional Hot Rodding...All over the place...

Best of all...Muscle Cars were not Allowed!!:up:

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04336.jpg

Billetproof2009093.jpg

I really like the paint on this Roadster...Where have I seen a Bonnie with that paint? Hmmmm....
Billetproof2009041.jpg

REVOLT

Street Tracker
and of course...My Beloved Heavy...Found shelter from the sun in a hay barn for awhile.
Billetproof2009102.jpg

Ham'n it up...
Billetproof2009113.jpg

Had the Dagger on the hood done while I was there...
Pinstripe002.jpg

While the hood was being 'dolled', a few Old Timers came over and started asking question about the truck...then they told me the paint job was 23 years old!!! They knew everything about the truck!! One of them said he's done 10,000+ miles in the truck going to Swap Meets, Car Shows and Events from Sacramento to Seattle back the day...they are really close friends with the guy that got the truck from his dad (the OG owner) and did the "Hop'n" up it wears today!! They were happy to see it has been taken care of and that it was on the road...I was wearing my "Fuck Trailer Queens" T-shirt and told them it was a daily driver...they said the Old School owner would be proud. It was great to hear such cool stories about my truck...I plan on holding on to this thing forever!!

D9

Vendor
Great pics!... the truck is looking incredible... would've been fun to be there... I haven't been to a good show in years...

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Have you seem "Littlemans" Deaths Doorstep Coupe?

Hell Yeah...

I'm not into Sports...at all...I'll save that rant for another day...

but Cars...that's my passion...Particularly Old School (Yeah I said Mike!), I follow that scene like a fan follows a sports team...Roth, Winfield, Hines, Barris...the more common...Then the cars themselves...Hirohata, Duece Coupe, Bandit, Satan's Revenge, to name a few...

Keep it Greasy!!

AceT100

Rocker
Hell Yeah...

I'm not into Sports...at all...I'll save that rant for another day...

but Cars...that's my passion...Particularly Old School (Yeah I said Mike!), I follow that scene like a fan follows a sports team...Roth, Winfield, Hines, Barris...the more common...Then the cars themselves...Hirohata, Duece Coupe, Bandit, Satan's Revenge, to name a few...

Keep it Greasy!!

Great minds think alike....