Riding.....

koifarm

Hooligan
I don't care how many times I've hopped on a Bonneville and taken a ride.....whenever I do....I still get goose bumps the first time I open the throttle and take off......
Just sayin......

Hughesy

Scooter
It's been raining all week since picking the new bike up last weekend. Last night I just had to go out into the garage, sit on it, fire it up and rev it a bit. It didn't overcome my frustration, but it helped.

koifarm

Hooligan
Know what ya mean Hughesy, just make sure you've got plenty of fresh air comin in the garage.....lol....
is it like your rainy season this time of year?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
My Bonnie has given me my sanity this past year...riding and wrenching. I twist that throttle and I'm right again. Everything calms down...I can relax...and I can think about just one thing. I couldn't get on my bike fast enough after my last deployment. I don't know what I'd do without me Bonnies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2aIvXvHWpI

koifarm

Hooligan
I know what you mean BO6......we all are aware of what y'all have been through, thank the lucky stars that you have at least some release from the stress and tension to give you some breathing room....it's far better than a pill or potion for you and will put a smile on your face as it does for us to know you're still riding and enjoying it.....

T-boy

Rocker
Yeah, I still get that euphoric feeling while riding, but 6 years later I'll grab a brew, head to the garage, take a seat, and admire her stunning good looks while she's parked. With winter on the way I'll be doing more looking & less riding...kind of tides me over 'til spring.

koifarm

Hooligan
Yeah, I still get that euphoric feeling while riding, but 6 years later I'll grab a brew, head to the garage, take a seat, and admire her stunning good looks while she's parked. With winter on the way I'll be doing more looking & less riding...kind of tides me over 'til spring.

you mean your wife, of course......:cheers:

I just realized this is my 3,000th post...Bonafide....do I get a present or summpn ?

Last edited:

Hughesy

Scooter
Know what ya mean Hughesy, just make sure you've got plenty of fresh air comin in the garage.....lol....
is it like your rainy season this time of year?

We'll, November is the wettest month, but it's not like we are in a tropical zone, like Northern Australia. However, the irony is that while we are lamenting the rain, just up in Sydney, they are suffering heat and terrible bush fires...go figure.

koifarm

Hooligan
We'll, November is the wettest month, but it's not like we are in a tropical zone, like Northern Australia. However, the irony is that while we are lamenting the rain, just up in Sydney, they are suffering heat and terrible bush fires...go figure.

isn't that ironic?.....it seems to happen more than less and it's world wide.....but you know, we're just guests on the planet and are pretty much at its mercy.....was looking at a nat, geo article on where the coast line would be when, not if, the poles ice melts.....move to high ground mate.....or get a houseboat.....

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
This is raining season here in Yucatan. Yesterday, I was caught by mild rain, I went for gasoline, my bike slip on the gas station and a piece of the shift pedal broke, I hurt my leg a little. I have to say, the floor in gas stations is very slippery. Maybe there was oil on the floor. Nothing broken on my leg, no wounds either, it just hurts when I walk or stand.

Today, they are repairing the broken piece, it looks like the original one lasts 30 days to arrive from England.

We use to ride Thursday's at night. We usually ride on secondary roads to close towns (an hour or so travel), have dinner there, spend an hour talking and then get back. I hope my bike to be ready for tonight's ride. I love the feeling of it. The sensation of riding on a group at night, is different than riding at sunlight. You have the feeling that you might be lost, and I love that sensation. I'm pretty addicted to it.

Clyde12

Scooter
Sometimes I'm really happy that I have a full face helmet because I'm sure the grin on my face looks pretty stupid.

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
"Last night I just had to go out into the garage, sit on it"
Yes, I know the feeling well. They are a beautiful machine to look at.