Ride report, discovering a black hole

strokerlmt

My wife and daughters left for my wife's sisters house in Fremont (Bay Area) Wednesday noon. No traffic its a 3.5 hr run from Cambria. I worked until six went home and checked the Bonne out, tires/air, chain, gas, trickle charger on. When I ride these days I wear my heavy boots, draggin jeans, exterior off road knee pads and shin guards, long sleeve t shirt, high quality elbow guards, back and kidney belt, heavy Schott leather jacket, silk scarf, beanie, full face helmet and heavy deer skin gloves.

Got up at 5:00am thxsgiving day, tried to loosen up the body, out the door as the sun broke the Santa Lucia Mts to the East. Five minutes later the 40 degree temp was getting to me. As I road East I kept thinking it would warm up but every little Mt Rd valley dropped to 30's. I stopped in Paso Robles and put on another shirt on and silk under gloves. The ride to Fremont was great, fun no traffic 2 gas and stretch pee stops.

Thanksgiving was wonderful with family….I ate a lottttttttttt…..

The weather forecast changed and Fremont was to get heavy rain 4:00am Friday all day. So I decided to head home Friday at 3:00pm and beat the rain. I made it to King City 1 hour from home when the sun set and it was dark as can be. South of K City is a long stretch of 2 lane each side hyway 70mph. Everyone goes 80 ++++. So there are a couple cars 1/2 mile ahead and behind me. I am doing 85 enjoying the night sky and BOOM I drive into a "black hole". Everything goes black…….I have no lights, no headlight no instrument lights. I pull over and let the Bonne idle, jiggle some wires and finally slap the headlight and the lights come back on. Then they go off for good. So I can't see and no one can see me.

I wait for the next cars to come and stand on it to catch up to them. Now I am following 2 cars doing 80 + in a black hole. Got to Paso and stopped at a Chevron and bought their last 4 flash lights and duck tapped them to my dead headlight. That got me home ;-)))))

LMT

Last edited:

Flaco

750cc
Got to Paso and stopped at a Chevron and bought their last 4 flash lights and duck tapped them to my dead headlight. That got me home ;-)))))LMT
You're a brave ol' man…
I can't ride in cold weather anymore, even the 18 miles to work w/ lights!
Glad you got home safe!
On the humorus side, It sounds and prolly looks like a WalMart moment w/ the flashlights taped to that fine motorcycle!:lol2:
Hope you had turn and tail...:eeek:

strokerlmt

You're a brave ol' man…
I can't ride in cold weather anymore, even the 18 miles to work w/ lights!
Glad you got home safe!
On the humorus side, It sounds and prolly looks like a WalMart moment w/ the flashlights taped to that fine motorcycle!:lol2:
Hope you had turn and tail...:eeek:

No turn and brake….taped a flasher to the license plate :D
LMT

Got to Paso and stopped at a Chevron and bought their last 4 flash lights and duck tapped them to my dead headlight. That got me home ;-)))))

LMT

macgyver-the-movie_zps78842e85.jpg

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Must've been a day for light gremlins, my tail light failed friday, and I was leading a few rides for the cafe racers of instagram guys that came through town. that was interesting.

Glad you sorted it out mate, taped on torches and all!