rear stand

fender

Street Tracker
I was looking for a rear stand as an alternative to using my Craftsman bike lift. Something that is quicker to setup and use for simple maintenance.

I saw a review on webBikeWorld and decided to try it.

Needless to say I'm impressed with it, easy to use, stable once the bike is on it. It took me a few tries to get the hang of where to place it under the bike (directly under the axle works best) and the best way to initially lift the bike. A block of wood under the side stand to get the bike as upright as possible makes it much easier to place the stand correctly.

From the Steel Horse Fabrications Website
The Bonneville BRS 01 [BRS 01] $114.99

This is our new rear stand developed especially for the Triumph Bonneville. This stand will fit in between the stock exhaust pipes on all Bonneville models including the T100. Designed to lift from the bottom edge of the rear swing arm directly below the rear axle. Lift height is approx. 1.5 inches so lift effort is very minor.

• Main chassis made from 1.25 inch steel tubing.
  • E-Z Lift geometery to make lifting a breeze.
  • 4 wheels carry the load. Each wheel is 3 inches in diameter.
  • Swing arm rests on 3/4 inch rubber coated cold rolled steel pins.
  • Rivits on chassis bottom to prevent scratching.
  • Looped handle is made from 1 inch steel tubing.
  • Back braced for strength.
  • High gloss black powder coated finish.
This model is made in the USA

Here are some pics of it in use:

4861285977_4c89dd5994_z.jpg

Nicely braced!
4861286223_ea64ca0c57_z.jpg

Easily replaceable pads (looks like radiator hose)
4861286415_b80a8ed9a0_z.jpg

Rivets to protect paint when in the lift position
4861286705_2d13fa38c8_z.jpg

Nice and narrow should fit between almost all exhausts
4861907042_3075b8e2d8_z.jpg

4861287245_41b7d7320d_z.jpg

4861907636_4d9da94861_z.jpg

All in all a worth while purchase.

Last edited:

outwestrider

Scooter
Nice review - thanks - I have the craftsman lift as well - this looks like a nice addition I'll have to add - thanks for posting it up.

mondrian5

Scooter
out of stock

Fender, thank you for the excellent review. Makes me want one.

Steel Horse says the Bonne stand is out of stock. Anyone have a first-runner-up candidate?

thanks

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Thanks Fender, I'll put one on back order, it looks like the cat's ass for chain work, I'm using a small hydraulic jack right now which works but not as nice as that lift.
Good find !

fender

Street Tracker
Thanks Fender, I'll put one on back order, it looks like the cat's ass for chain work, I'm using a small hydraulic jack right now which works but not as nice as that lift.
Good find !

It's worth the wait, it really does make chain work easy. I also have a Craftsman motorcycle lift but it doesn't get used as much since I've had the rear stand.

koifarm

Hooligan
Got this email from them yesterday, might be a while..

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your email. I'm in the middle of switching manufacturers and i'm not really sure when I'll have some more BRS01 stands. I have minimums to deal with and still have alot of the other models to reduce before I order again. I'll keep you updated as I know more.

Sincerely,
Ken Englert, Owner
Steel Horse Fabrications, Inc.
Home of "E-Z Lift" Motorcycle Stands
ph: (707) 427 1086
[email protected]
steelhorsefab.com