Procom Igniter

roadie

Scooter
I had this put on to fix my Tach which was not reading at all on my 2006 Thruxton. Not only is my tach now working but the bike runs much smoother with much better throttle response.
Very nice!

drlapo

Hooligan
agreed, the 3 degrees advance wakes it up
ProCom gave me an ignitor to test; I found it made the engine more "eager", raised the idle speed and had no negative results.
I have it as a spare should my stock unit fail

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Gents,

Pray tell, what is the part number of your stock igniter? FWIW, the last four on mine are 2960.

I have a ProCom unit, it is the FOURTH one they sent me - and the bike doesn't try to run with it installed, and they won't consider giving me a refund (that is a very long story that pisses me off).

roadie

Scooter
Dang, sorry to hear about that. I really don't know what my stock igniter number was. My local shop is a British Customs dealer and they brought it in and installed it for me. My old stock one was toast, cutting out and tach not reading. All good now.

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
I just ordered one yesterday. My stock igniter started cutting out on one cylinder a couple weeks ago. Damn English electronics. The silver lining is that I'll get to play with advanced timings and such.

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Gents,

Pray tell, what is the part number of your stock igniter? FWIW, the last four on mine are 2960.

I have a ProCom unit, it is the FOURTH one they sent me - and the bike doesn't try to run with it installed, and they won't consider giving me a refund (that is a very long story that pisses me off).

Ryder,

My stock igniter has a Serial # on it and a different sticker with a Part # that matches one of the part #'s listed on Procom's website. My part # is: T1292370 and it's a 2007 model. Maybe this will help.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Ryder,

My stock igniter has a Serial # on it and a different sticker with a Part # that matches one of the part #'s listed on Procom's website. My part # is: T1292370 and it's a 2007 model. Maybe this will help.

Right. Mine has P/N T1292960, and is supposedly supported by the version of the ProCom igniter I have - but the bike doesn't run with the ProCom installed.

Thanks.

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Well the Procom has me fixed up. Huge sigh of relief. Bike runs great and the programmable Procom igniter is a great product in my opinion.

:motorbike2:

dschief

750cc
Right. Mine has P/N T1292960, and is supposedly supported by the version of the ProCom igniter I have - but the bike doesn't run with the ProCom installed.

Thanks.

I had the same problem with both of my 2005s. The same Procom, wouldn't work on either one. Fuggit.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Are you trying to run the programmable ProCom or is it the preset one?

The one I have now is programmable, although what I did to test it (on their recommendation) was just plug it into the bike without first uploading a map to it. Didn't run, so I uploaded the default map to the unit. Still no fire.

What really bothers me is that after MONTHS of back and forth, excuses, etc. I cannot get a refund from those barstewards.

If I was convinced the unit was okay for a different igniter I'd sell it; but...