Pidgeon pair

I brought this little beauty home on Friday to keep our Scrambler company. I've hankered after a Speed Triple for 15 years so what better to do than purchase the 15th Anniversary model. Luckily this weekend has been cloudless winter weather so I've now gone through two tanks of gas already and I've got to say I'm in luuuve! The bike is awesome!!!

Photo0021.jpg

The pidgeon pair!
Photo0009-1.jpg

Photo0007-1.jpg

Those with a sharpe eye will note that the flyscreen is off a Street Triple (but painted to match in Phantom black) and that we have already added some bling eg carbon frame dress up pieces, carbon tank protector, bar-end mirrors and a plastic rear hugger. Other items to go on next week include some radiator guards and Chain Reation pipes.

The bike was extremely notchy in its gear selection but had freed up noticeably by the end of the first weekends riding. Even so, during the week we will lay the bike on it's left side and remove the clutch plates (without neccessitating dropping the oil) in order to give them a good kero wash. This will remove the sticky residue that causes the gear-change notchiness. I find the suspension beats me up a bit on the bumpy sections although no worse than the B-King and Street Triple that preceeded this bike. I might be able to dial a bit of smoothness into the suspension so we will fiddle around a bit and see what happens although I would be happy to receive 'wise council' in this area!

I dont own a rotweiller for the classic Speed Triple photo shoot but we have little Billy boy so hope you like the pic!
Photo0020.jpg

Last edited:

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
No suspension expert, too worried about screwing her up, but I tried crankin the rear the shock to full hard the other week, helped considerably. Is the street screen a direct bolt on? Looks nice :cheers: And the Scrambler is badass :australia:

Is the street screen a direct bolt on?

Well, almost. The unseen plastic mounting plate has to be trimed slightly to allow it to sit flat and one of the three mounting holes has to be elongated. These little mods are very simple and only require the use of a normal bench grinder and an electric hand drill. Otherwise it's easy peasy!

The front 'hood' of the flyscreen sits out over the headlights by a further 20mm compared to the Street Triple but this serves to allow clearance at the rear when the bars are turned to full lock so it's all good.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Nice bike man! I really like the Speed Triples and must say it looks quite sinister in the black.