Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

Bonafide

NBR founder
I've had more than a few seats on just about every Bonnie (and Thrux) we've owned. Figured, why not have a thread showing the seemingly endless number of seats you can put on our bikes.

If you have one yourself, please post it.

Here's old Blue, Scott's 2003 T100 with a Norman Hyde seat I recently picked up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scott's TT special with a Corbin Gunfighter and Ol Blue with a stock seat modified with a vintage cover on it.

april_09_2.jpg

My 06 silver Bonnie with a MAS race seat.

june2008_4.jpg

june2008.jpg

GF's Bonnie Black with a Corbin Gunfighter.

bonnieblack005.jpg

My 06 with Opal/Tang body work .. with a Thruxton seat/cowl.

feb2008.jpg

snapped this one year at Barber's vintage m/c days. It's a Corbin Smuggler - brown saddle.

IMG_0545.jpg

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 3

Gretsch

Rocker
This thread is about seats...and it's a sticky... So I guess that would make this a "Sticky Seat" thread?!?

:gas:

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Gunfighter and Lady Corbin in a bad cell phone pic. I'll post better later.

Jim :cool:

Attachments

• scrambler.jpg
    scrambler.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3

gcrider

Street Tracker
Here's a pic of my Scram with the stock seat reworked by Sargent. I had 1/2" of the stock foam removed and 1-1/2" of their SuperCell foam added for a total height increase of 1" while maintaining as much of the stock appearance as possible. It sure FEELS different than stock though. The Sargent seat feels MUCH better. I had the stock top-to-bottom taper maintained as height was added, so the top is slightly narrower now. Better feel between the legs for sure. The new foam is comfortable but firm.

IMG_0011.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
How comfortable is the MAS seat?

the seat itself is very comfortable. The only reason I stopped using it was it's such a low profile, that it caused my old paratrooper knees to fold up into a jockey-like position and I couldnt stand the pain from it after a couple hours.

If you're vertically challenged, it's going to be a nice option for getting a much lower seat height.

airspro

Scooter
First post ,

Thought I might add this , only found out today .

The Triumph King and Queen seat is about 1 inch shorter than the Stock Scrambler 900 seat that came on my 2007 . Was wondering why me and my misses didn't have as much room . Only today after switching back to the stock seat did I find out the reason or differance between the two .

I plan on sending out my stock seat for some added "spaceage" foam this site is chating up http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Another Seat Option

G'day all from Adelaide South Australia.
I must say this is a great site, thank you all for the educational posts.
I am new to posting so I hope this works. The photos are of my 2006 T100,as you can see slightly modified. The seat is from VD Classic in France, a little hard but nice shape & quality. They are a little difficult to deal with so be very clear on what you are ordering, easier if you speak French. Most of you will notice the other mods on the bike.
I am going to try starting up an ACE CAFE type club here in Adelaide, so if you live in Adelaide and are reading this get on your bike!

Attachments

• 100_2484_1.jpg
    100_2484_1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_2491_1.jpg
    100_2491_1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3