Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

GCS1952

moped
New Mustange seat on my 06 T100

Comfy as can be.
DR1Vb7C.jpg

boogerman

moped
Hello all, I have a question regarding seats and figured this would be the place to ask. I am looking at getting either the triumph single seat and rack or the corbin version of that. The problem is I also want a regular luggage rack and I'm not sure if it will work. I called corbin and the lady on the phone seemed unaware that there were luggage racks other than that for the seat, but one random guy on the internet, who doesn't have the seat, said it would work. The Triumph configurator says they aren't compatible, but there is a guy on youtube who has that setup. I wrote him a message asking what brand it was, but he hasn't written back. Does anyone on here have experience with these? Thanks.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Hello all, I have a question regarding seats and figured this would be the place to ask. I am looking at getting either the triumph single seat and rack or the corbin version of that. The problem is I also want a regular luggage rack and I'm not sure if it will work. I called corbin and the lady on the phone seemed unaware that there were luggage racks other than that for the seat, but one random guy on the internet, who doesn't have the seat, said it would work. The Triumph configurator says they aren't compatible, but there is a guy on youtube who has that setup. I wrote him a message asking what brand it was, but he hasn't written back. Does anyone on here have experience with these? Thanks.

you should put this in a new thread. would be easier to see there.

that said, most luggage racks will work with triumph seats. the mount points are usually on the shock mounts and on the 4 bolt holes under the seat, towards the back.

That said, I did have slight problems with a corbin seat and the "Renntec Rack and Grab Rail". the bolts were a little tall under the seat, so i had to use some force to line up the seat bolts after mounting the rack. Not a big deal, you couldn't tell the difference in riding.

That said, I have switched to the single seat and rack, and won't ever go back to the corbin.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I have been riding my Bonnie with this BC "Slammer" seat for a few months now. It's extremely comfortable, way better than you might imagine.

bike003.jpg

The only problem is that it doesn't fit very well. It's solid but the front doesn't meet the tank very closely. There is quite a gap. If I push the seat up to the tank where it looks right then the plate at the back where it bolts to the frame it at least 1/2" further forward than where it should be.

So because I really like the seat, I am going to fab a new bracket for the rear where it bolts to the frame. I emailed BC to tell them but never received a reply. They're not too big on customer service, are they??

FWIW where you sit is about 1cm higher than with the Thruxton seat. But it's a little narrower so people with shorter legs (not me!) will find it easier to put feet on the ground. I'm 6' and this is probably the most comfy seat I have had on any bike. Very well made, apart from the fit issue.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
So while I mess about with the above seat I have ordered one of these from Italy:

SellaTon-Up.jpg

I ordered it in black with a tobacco coloured top section. Once it arrives I will post pics of it on the bike.

So I'm at a dilemma where I have the Brown Sixty8 contemporary seat on my 07 Bonne and love the shit out of it; both looks and comfort. It just helps frame where I want to take my bike - color scheme wise (just got her this past August 2014 after my 06 Speedmaster got totalled). But I want to get a sissy bar and cant find one with a pad that will match my seat. Has anyone had any luck finding something or have they ended up just getting a custom seat rest done? I can always go with a triumph short black bar and easily take it on and off when I get a passenger. But I kind of dig the looks of a sissy bar and would love to find one that matches my seat.

Here is a pic of her so far

2014-11-15%2B15.49.58.jpg

klem

Scooter
JimmyR
Newseat003copy.jpg

Love this seat do you have a report on it, Price wise, comfort wise and fit wise do you have a weblink to the suppliers of this seat.
Cheers KK

After waiting over 2 months for my Special Edition brown leather Slammer seat to show up and BC still unable to tell me when it would be delivered, I decided to cancel the order and get the black Slammer instead. Got home from my weekend bike trip to Portland and found it had been delivered. Happy Birthday to me; 2 months late.

B645BC3E-6F7C-47F8-93D8-6FADE387EB4D_zps2knpdq4p.jpg