North America Takeover, or Let's Go See Tito!!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Bonnielass and I are kicking around the idea of a pretty big ride, this summer or fall. Basic itinerary would be DC -> Colorado (Colorado Springs, Aspen) -> Boise, Idaho, then back. Maybe 3 weeks total, maybe a little more?? Possibly trailering the bikes from here to Colo Spgs, just to avoid 2-3 days of droning on I70/80. Anyone along the way that would be interested in meeting up, offering shelter, coming along, etc., let us know! It's only in the early talking about stages right now....

MattRat

TT Racer
If you swing South, you've got a place to stay in Texas
(as long as it's not football season ;) )

koifarm

Hooligan
When you firm up your itinerary let me know, I've got a nephew in Boulder who is also a biker (3), a Triumph rider and knows the area quite well and can possibly steer you in the good directions once you get in touch with him.
Gotta be one of the most scenic places on God's green earth up there, mountains are awesome ! He surely knows some great places to ride. I'll be up there in June for his wedding and he's offered his Triumph for my use and suggested a few rides we might take. He's a Firefighter for City of Boulder and a neat guy as well.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Cool, Koi, will do. I grew up in the Springs, is why we're going through there. Looking forward to riding Independence Pass to Aspen!

DandyDoug

750cc
Why not start the trip with a visit to the NTBF rally in Maggie Valley, NC. May 2--6 . We would love to have you visit us, and it's a day trip from the DC area.

Then continue west from there, if you are riding all the way, do it on mainly secondary roads and enjoy what the Bonneville's are all about.

If you trailer , I agree the moron roads eat up mileage a lot faster , but you miss sooo much that is good about a trip like this.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Dandy - That's too early in the season to think about Idaho and Colorado mountain roads. Not to mention conflicts with Bennington. But we may have to head down that way, anyway!

DandyDoug

750cc
When you decide to come down, we would be glad to have you stay with us for a couple of days.

Only 45 minutes from the BRP, 2.5 hrs from Ashville, 60 miles north of Charlotte.