No More Checker'd Stripe

Skeeter

Rocker
So I saw someone else used a sticker or something to cover up their goofy checkered stripe. I've never really like mine and hated how triumph made it pixilated gray to black. Looks silly. Just make it all black!!!
Soooo I found some black viynal laying around at work at the auto glass shop and asked the boss if we could try something. I cut it and he applied it like when we tint a car window. Used some soapy water and squeegee the water out. Lil heat gun and I dig it. He had the idea to keep it a hair thinner so you could see the gray pinstripe. We made the tank 2 pieces so you can still see the thruxton logo thing, thats how the guy I stole the idea from did it, so thanks to who ever gave me the idea.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
That's looks awesome Man. For some reason, I never really liked the checker look, except for on a Yellow Thrux. Also, I'm jealous of your boss.

Skeeter

Rocker
That's looks awesome Man. For some reason, I never really liked the checker look, except for on a Yellow Thrux. Also, I'm jealous of your boss.

thanks. i wish they would have just made the checker'd all black.
my boss is cool. heres a pic of out front of the shop with my '50 chevy and his 83 dually

Attachments

• cms.jpg
    cms.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
That mojo is workin'!!
I can't quite make out the sign on the door... What's it say?
I had a 66 fleetside Chevy until a few years ago.
Damn, I miss the smell of that pick-up.

Skeeter

Rocker
That mojo is workin'!!
I can't quite make out the sign on the door... What's it say?
I had a 66 fleetside Chevy until a few years ago.
Damn, I miss the smell of that pick-up.

it says "steamboat excavating co."
was on the truck when i got it and its gonna stay. the whole truck was white, painted with house paint. lots of laqure thinner and green scubbies and i got the blue patina

Attachments

• 2012-05-2716.06.29.jpg
    2012-05-2716.06.29.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0

Roger

Street Tracker
Your truck has totally hi-jacked this thread. It's pretty damn cool. Must have been a bear to remove all that white paint. I prefer functional over all the crap gimmicks that are built into new vehicles today. In your climate, there must be more than a few of these old vehicles around. At least they don't rot from the ground up like they do here with our winters. Looks like the sun takes it's toll on the paint and rubbers where you are though. Truck looks a lot better they way it is now and without those soup can lights on top of the fender.
Oh ya, the bike does look better with the stripe blacked out now. :)

Skeeter

Rocker
Your truck has totally hi-jacked this thread. It's pretty damn cool. Must have been a bear to remove all that white paint. I prefer functional over all the crap gimmicks that are built into new vehicles today. In your climate, there must be more than a few of these old vehicles around. At least they don't rot from the ground up like they do here with our winters. Looks like the sun takes it's toll on the paint and rubbers where you are though. Truck looks a lot better they way it is now and without those soup can lights on top of the fender.
Oh ya, the bike does look better with the stripe blacked out now. :)

yea we dont have much rust out here but the sun destroys everything. i work for a auto glass shop and i deal with brittle rubber and plastic all day long. i hated the cold and rust so that's why i moved. i dig the way the truck looks now. still not finished. have to stain the wood sides, rewire to 12volt and just ordered all new glass today. eventually itll get a new drive train and lower.
heres my bed. need more signs

Attachments

• 20140209_125145.jpg
    20140209_125145.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0

Roger

Street Tracker
Your 'obsession' could bite you in the arse. I wouldn't want to be pulled over and have some official see those in the bed of my truck. Or, you are driving around and some other driver takes offense to something you did while driving and sees those, they could phone the cops just to be a prick.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Streetsign_theft_warning.jpg

When I was a teen, me and my buddy found a stop sign, post and all, that had been mowed down. We took it to his place and set it up in the basement. His dad saw it and told us what to expect if we were caught with it. So we had to take it back to where we found it. Of course we were all mad at my buddy's dad. After we thought about it, we knew he was right. His dad was one of those sensible parents that always managed to get the message through to us dumb teenagers.

There is a wiki for this too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_sign_theft

Skeeter

Rocker
i dont steal the signs. just aquire them. the stop sign i do have if off the wall of the applebees i work for. they took it down for a remodel.

Last edited: