New Wheels

fender

Street Tracker
Now that the weather is getting colder and riding is becoming more limited might as well start address some items. The original tires are down to the wear bars so I needed new rubber. Figured I might as well change up the wheels and go black hubs and rims. I also need to work on the front brake seems to be dragging not fully releasing.

I initially looked at dismantling the original wheels and getting the hubs powder coated and work with Buchanan's Spoke & Rim to have new wheels built up. By the time I would have been done shipping things back and forth along with the labor I wasn't to far off the cost of new hubs wheels ect all built up. I'll be selling the stock one's so I'll be recouping some of my costs.

I was searching for options and noticed on BellaCourse's site they had a set of Talon Wheels but that price was a bit more than I wanted to invest.

After doing more searching and finding UK vender doing wheels with the Talon hubs I found http://www.dubyausa.com/. Super nice to deal with on the phone and the price came in quite a bit lower.

14957839244_97e6faee0b_c.jpg

I'm staying with stock sizes 19x2.5 and 17x3.5. Briefly though about 18" front like the Thruxton but didn't want to deal with the speedo change and front fender sitting higher.

I should have these on in the next week or two and can hopefully still get a few more rides in before snow flies.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Damn those look nice and probably cut a bunch of weight off the wheels in the process. Thanks for the link...

Cheers,

--Rich

Flaco

750cc
Cool!
Talon hubs!
I laced my stock hubs w/ Buchanan's and I went w/ a 17 x 4.25 150 on the rear…
I see you went w/ Pirelli's SD. Great choice tyre. I belive they will be my next tyre.
Been using Avon RR for years…

I am interested in your stock rim's for my son's build when the opportunity arizes…

How's that for early dibs?

Allin...

fender

Street Tracker
Cool!
Talon hubs!
I laced my stock hubs w/ Buchanan's and I went w/ a 17 x 4.25 150 on the rear…
I see you went w/ Pirelli's SD. Great choice tyre. I belive they will be my next tyre.
Been using Avon RR for years…

I am interested in your stock rim's for my son's build when the opportunity arizes…

How's that for early dibs?

Allin...

I contemplated doing a wider rear rim, but decided that for my riding and the look I was after to stick with stock width. Plenty of tire choices in these sizes.

I'm running the below tire sizes...

F 100/90-19 (stock)
R 140/80-17 vs stock of 130/80

I'm surprised by how much wider the rear look vs stock. Once I get the rear off I update with some pics.

I'll keep you posted on the set of stock wheels also.

fender

Street Tracker
I like the size increase of the 140/80 vs 130/80. It fills out the rear end much nicer...

15442500927_958b1a208d_c.jpg

The weather this past week was unusually so I sped up my plan to get them mounted up and get a ride in.

15007735594_b65deefd83_c.jpg

After new front brakes and tires that were round, I got a good 40 mile ride in. Felt great to be back on it after time off of riding from knee issues.

Still need to tweak the rear fender and get the front mounted but that's what winter is for.

Flaco I'll be in touch in a week or so about the OEM wheels. I'm out for week on a business trip.

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
fender,

Just found and read your thread! I went through a similar scenario for my 2008 custom Bonneville Black, only I went with the Bellacorse option. Turns out he just resells the Dubya USA product... so you probably got a better deal!

Here's how mine turned out.

picture.php