New to this forum

I am an 82yr old Englishman just returned to Triumph (Bonneville T100).
Have been riding for 66yrs on many types from James 98cc to Vincent Black Shadow and my last one a BMW R1200RT which was proving to be a bit too heavy for this old youngster.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Welcome to the forum. It's alway great to receive input and perspective from someone with experiences over such a range of machines.

Enjoy your T100. They're a fine machine.

Cheers,

--Rich

klem

Scooter
Cheers Wilf good to see you are still riding, inspiration for some of us youth to keep going:scooter:

strokerlmt

Wilf……welcome…..enjoy NBR….post some pics of the old and new bikes if you feel like it……ride on…"press on"…..
LMT

My bikes

Wilf……welcome…..enjoy NBR….post some pics of the old and new bikes if you feel like it……ride on…"press on"…..
LMT
First bike was a 1935 BSA 350 Empire Star, followed by Triumph Speed Twin, Enfield Bullet, Enfield CO, another Bullet, James 98cc and Vincent Black Shadow,
Triumph Tiger 110, another Bullet, Enfield Super Metior 700, Bonneville 790,
BMW R1200RT and now a 2014 Bonneville T100.
Have ridden many other bikes in the meantime.
Most beautiful was the Tiger 110. Most advanced and well eqipped the BMW
Most thrilling the Vincent. Most versatile the Bullets. Smoothest the Speed Twin.
How do I post pictures? Don't have originals of earlier bikes but have found pictures on web.

So am I right to think you were around 7-12 during WW2? I don't know anyone who was around during that period. I'm sure there are better times to talk about though.

Welcome to the forum. Motorcycling is one of the things life is all about, isn't it?

I was around

So am I right to think you were around 7-12 during WW2? I don't know anyone who was around during that period. I'm sure there are better times to talk about though.

Welcome to the forum. Motorcycling is one of the things life is all about, isn't it?

Yes I was around then and war was declared three weeks before my 8th birthday. Aircraft had propellers and cars were not fitted with screen heaters or indeed heaters for the interior, but we survived without television, mobile phones etc. The milk was delivered by the local farmer by horse drawn cart and we grew our own vegetables in the garden.
Despite the passing of all those years, my head still thinks I am young and I am happy to say that motorcycles are better now than then.
I don't think I shall be around for another 80+ years but intend to enjoy life as fully as I am able in the company of younger friends. Live life to the full - you only have one.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Despite the passing of all those years, my head still thinks I am young...

This is how the years pass for me as well...things still look the same from the inside-out. I hope I still feel the way you do when I've gotten to the same level of experience.

While I love the character of the older machines that have come and gone from my ownership, I really appreciate the reliability and level of performance I get from modern bikes. I have a '54 BMW plunger single that I'm keeping around to remind me of how good I have it with my Thruxton.

Cheers,

--Rich

Roger

Street Tracker
First bike was a 1935 BSA 350 Empire Star, followed by Triumph Speed Twin, Enfield Bullet, Enfield CO, another Bullet, James 98cc and Vincent Black Shadow,
Triumph Tiger 110, another Bullet, Enfield Super Metior 700, Bonneville 790,
BMW R1200RT and now a 2014 Bonneville T100.
Have ridden many other bikes in the meantime.
Most beautiful was the Tiger 110. Most advanced and well eqipped the BMW
Most thrilling the Vincent. Most versatile the Bullets. Smoothest the Speed Twin.
Welcome Wilf. Which T100 did you get? An earlier carb version or the later fuel injected? I managed to get my hooks into a 2003 T100. Just prefer carbs over FI. FI is superior to carb setups, but I like to tinker.
That is an impressive line-up. The Vincent has got to be my favourite. Years ago, I had a friend from the UK. His dad raced cars and bikes. Morgan, Vincent and a BSA Gold Star to be exact. His dad still had the BSA. Amazing looking bike as I remember. My friend kept rubbing my nose in it. He would always tell me, "One day, I'll have that!" and then laugh at me. One time his dad was behind us and we didn't know it. My friend said that, and his dad reached over and smacked him in the back of the head. HAHA, we laughed at that.

Welcome Wilf. Which T100 did you get? An earlier carb version or the later fuel injected? I managed to get my hooks into a 2003 T100. Just prefer carbs over FI. FI is superior to carb setups, but I like to tinker.
That is an impressive line-up. The Vincent has got to be my favourite. Years ago, I had a friend from the UK. His dad raced cars and bikes. Morgan, Vincent and a BSA Gold Star to be exact. His dad still had the BSA. Amazing looking bike as I remember. My friend kept rubbing my nose in it. He would always tell me, "One day, I'll have that!" and then laugh at me. One time his dad was behind us and we didn't know it. My friend said that, and his dad reached over and smacked him in the back of the head. HAHA, we laughed at that.
Hi Roger
The T100 is a brand new fuel injected model, black and red.
I would like to fit some luggage cases but cannot decide which are best for the bike. Summer screen, crash bar and sat-nav now fitted and looking forward to some long rides now the weather is getting better.