New to Bonneville and Triumph

Hello everyone. OKC metro area here. Picking up my first new Triumph this afternoon. A 2015 model year closeout T214. Pretty excited and look forward to learning about these bikes in the forum. I'm going to search in the forums, but curious what wind screens you all favor for long distance riding? The triumph models or a 3rd party version?

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Naked baby. But I ride a carbed Thruxton, so I'm a glutton for punishment.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers,

--Rich

kdharri

moped
Another member suggested MadStad for my T120, but they didn't have a mount for my specific application, so I suggest a direct contact for your model.
I really like the MadStad mounts, but the T120 bar clamps are at the wrong angle for it to work. I think the 214 may be able to use their "Scrambler" setup.
[h=3]MADSTAD - 1451 E. Jefferson St., Brooksville, FL 34601 USA
Phone: 352-848-3646
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern time
Email: [email protected][/h]

I'm looking at Parabellum's Sport Touring shield for my T120:

http://parabellum.com/Triumph-Bonneville-T120-Sport-Touring-Windshield-2016--P137.aspx#

Parabellum-Sport-Touring-Windshield-Triumph-Bonneville-T120-2016_m1.jpg

I use a dart screen. Small bikini type. But when I get tired, I lay my upper body down on the tank bag, drop the rear passenger pegs and put my heals up to unhinge my hips. Because these bikes don't have the longest fuel range, I'm usually up, off the bike and walking around every 120 miles or so anyway. This works for me. Personally, I think the tall windscreens on these bikes looks the mutz nutz.

kdharri

moped
That shield just looks so wrong on that bike.

George,
I completely understand your distaste for this type of screen, but the question was not aesthetics, but rather distance touring capability.

I'm currently running a National Cycle F-16 touring screen; it shapes the air well enough for a 100-150 mi day ride, but I do not consider it a 500 mi-day cross-country screen.
It can be tipped fwd to get more upper body coverage, but then the lower edge of the screen reflects back a bunch of light at night.

George,
I completely understand your distaste for this type of screen, but the question was not aesthetics, but rather distance touring capability.

I'm currently running a National Cycle F-16 touring screen; it shapes the air well enough for a 100-150 mi day ride, but I do not consider it a 500 mi-day cross-country screen.
It can be tipped fwd to get more upper body coverage, but then the lower edge of the screen reflects back a bunch of light at night.

I understood the question but thank you for the anal comment. BTW the question was what we 'favor' for long distance riding.
"Favor" can mean approval and can also mean liking.
A screen can be perfectly suitable for long distance riding but still be butt ugly.

Last edited: