New Metzler

ssjones

750cc
I put a new Metzler ME880 on my America this week. The ME880 that was on it since '04 had 22k on it. It still had plenty of thread on it but there was some cracking inside the tread grooves. Plus, it had picked up a wobble. The shop that installed the tire said the old tire had a ton of weight on it and was probably way out of balance at 22k. I'm pretty happy with that tire life so obviously bought another.
Picked it up from the Motorcycle Superstore for $101 and free shipping. (shop charged me $25 to mount, wheel off the bike)

T

tattooedcouple

wow 22k...got 6k out of my stock tires,4k out of my Dunlap junk

brass

Two Stroke
I put a new Metzler ME880 on my America this week. The ME880 that was on it since '04 had 22k on it. It still had plenty of thread on it but there was some cracking inside the tread grooves. Plus, it had picked up a wobble. The shop that installed the tire said the old tire had a ton of weight on it and was probably way out of balance at 22k. I'm pretty happy with that tire life so obviously bought another.
Picked it up from the Motorcycle Superstore for $101 and free shipping. (shop charged me $25 to mount, wheel off the bike)

Over 6k on original tire, Florida heat/roads. Runs topped out with no noticable issues. Replacements will come from JCW., whenever.

mrt202

Street Tracker
I am so far very impressed with the Kenda Kruz that i replaced the Metzelers with. Run true, wearing well, and better traction than the Metz's. They are far less costly, too. Under $150.00, delivered, for the set. I'll be using them again.:rockon:

I got 13,000 miles out of the OEM Bridgestones on my 03BA.
The rear was down to the cords, and the front had a bad wobble.
I never liked the feel of these tires since new, so I went with
Dunlop 404s. They feel much more secure(?), seem to have a
good bite, and give a smooth ride. Way Better!
Only have 2000 miles on 'em so far with no wear.
I'll report back after I get some miles on them.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I got 13,000 miles out of the OEM Bridgestones... the rear was down to the cords, and the front had a bad wobble.
I never liked the feel of these tires since new, so I went with
Dunlop 404s. They feel much more secure(?), seem to have a
good bite, and give a smooth ride. Way Better!
Only have 2000 miles on 'em so far with no wear.
I'll report back after I get some miles on them.

Gee Uncle Charlie! 13,000 miles is a long ways to go on tires you never liked from the get go. And I'd think if the rear was cut down that bad and the front wobbled, you could wrap your rims in duct tape and it'd be an improvement!!!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
I got 13,000 miles out of the OEM Bridgestones on my 03BA.
The rear was down to the cords, and the front had a bad wobble.

Technically you stretched...the tires to 13,000? Bad wobbles and exposed anything, other than rubber, is just pushing it...IMHO

mrt202

Street Tracker
I went through 3 sets of D404's. Very good traction but the best i could get out of any of them was about 8000 miles. Cupped quickly, too. I'd like to hear how your turn out for you.:pick:

ssjones

750cc
I wonder if the front tire cupping is a function of the tires, or the bike??????
Well, my OEM Bridgestone was badly cupped at 7,900 miles but the Metzler had no visible cupping after 20k. I had a wobble, but the tire installer said there was so much weight on the wheel, it couldn't have been balanced. He thought with a rebalance, the tire would have driven fine.

T

tattooedcouple

my d404's after just 3004 miles...junk..one pic is a new one the other mine..

Last edited: