New Daytona, the 675 R

Im actually one of the few that thinks its not worth the hefty price tag. (and I own a 2006 D675 already)

1...why upgrade the brakes? The OEMs are already the best out there. If you've ridden the any other sportbike and compared brakes...you'll see what I mean. The OEM brakes on the 675 are already top notch.

2...no engine/performance upgrade??? Maybe if they bored it out a little I'd definately be interested.

3...ohlins suspension...doubt its going to be the really expensive stuff. It may be equivalent to OEM internals with Ohlins branding

4....carbon fiber bits...how about carbon fiber wheels then I'd be insterested.

If you're a hardcore trackrider and have the disposable income, I'd say its worth it.

The only "upgrade" I did was change the rear shock to an Elka 3 way clicker b/c the stock shock is too heavily sprung.

Just my pennies

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I'd never buy a brand new toy for the track, when i could get a used older model that i wont care about tossing down the pavement near as much.

DIRK

750cc
ohlins suspension means ohlins suspension. not oem bits with a sticker on it. this upgrade is worth +/- 3300.00 ex factory plus labour.

ohlins suspension means ohlins suspension. not oem bits with a sticker on it. this upgrade is worth +/- 3300.00 ex factory plus labour.

That is absolutely correct. This bike is $2000 dearer than the standard 675 in Australia although to be fair, the importers have discounted the standard bike by $1000 so 'spose you could say the diff is only a grand. The upspec suspension, brakes, quick shifter and carbon bits make this bike an absolute bargain particularly if track work is the reason for purchase. Apart from the bling factor and bragging rights at the pub, the average road rider wont notice much difference when it comes to spirited road riding but the suspension upgrade and quick shifter will put the 675R at a real advantage over the Jap 600 fours when it comes to track racing. Under supersport and superstock racing rules you can change the fork internals but you cannot swap to a fancy fork set-up (eg Ohlins) as the outside appearance of the forks has to be the same as stock. Also, under the racing rules (in Australia) a quick shifter is only alowed if it is fitted as standard on the showroom floor eg BMW S1000R so IMO, Triumph have been very clever.
My 675R is arriving in July according to the dealer. Can't wait!

I haven't seen one in my area yet, but I'm definitely watching. I would certainly work a few more 60-hour-a-week months to make this happen.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
From what I've read about the bike it's going to be a Bad A$$ tool...

Also, they've mentioned that there will be only 1 of these available to each US Distributor.

drlapo

Hooligan
damn that's a sweet ride
the OHLINS suspenders and the Brembo brakes will erase the only "deficiencies" the 675 had

DIRK

750cc
yes but your 500 is really slow it would be faster if it was sliding along.hahahah

really it is a fine beginner bike for track days.

DIRK

750cc
if you want one get to your dealer and place a deposit. he can order one for you. we have sold 3 and our triumph rep will help us with more as long as we have a deposit. so do not wait.