NEW Bonnie

Mark

750cc
The compression increase and a freer-flowing airbox produce a high and very smooth torque curve, one that Triumph claims peaks at 80 pound-feet at 5,000 rpm, a huge jump from the previous model. More impressive was the breadth of the curve that was briefly flashed on screen at the press launch, with torque staying within 10 percent of peak from 3,000 rpm almost to the 7,000-rpm redline. If that holds for production, the stock Thruxtons will approach the 100-hp level.

from cycle world

riding modes becomes a not needed accessory if it doesn't make power

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Here are the torque curves for the new motors...the published graphs stop at 7000. Remember to deduct driveline loss when doing any HP estimates from the torque curves...these curves are developed from crankshaft data.

The 1200 mill:
http://www.servimg.com/view/14542425/1345

The 900 mill:
http://www.servimg.com/view/14542425/1344

They both run out of lungs at 6K - with the 900 being a true disappointment on how it drops like a stone. My '04 Thruxton outperforms the 900 by a fair margin and I only have bolt-on changes in my motor.

YMMV,

--Rich

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I think Triumph was looking at new emission standards and had to come up with the T120. While not everyone's ideal replacement for the T100, I do think that the the T100 might be in production for only a couple of more years if even that.

And we all know that a skilled rider on a 50hp machine will outpace an average rider on just about any mega hp bike.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I still want to see the weight figures.

I'd bet the 900 mill comes in about 490
The 1200. . I'd be shocked if it was under 575

Also. No one else is balking at the price? $14,500 for the thruxton r.
Thats base. no rear fender coolness, no awesome fender that hides just how big the fucking radiator is, no track package that supposedly uprates the power. no exhaust. i mean. for fucks sake. to kit one out with just the fairing and track pack that uprates the power will probably put it close to 17k. . . .

Clyde12

Scooter
I would also like to see the weight specs. Why the hell are Bonnies so heavy? These are bound to be heavier!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I just cant stand the fake monoblocs, the fucking fake points cover. or the fact that the thruxton R starts at 14.5. with the track package and fairing i'd wager closer to 16.5.
Also, yeah that sprocket cover is shit. so is all the electronic crap. Gone are the days of motorcycle simplicity I fear.

I couldn't agree more and was my first thought looking at this bike. Don't forget the fake Amal carbs and fake pancake filters. And then how the fender/fender stays match up with it along with sprocket cover and heel protector. Feels like the space age meets up with the modern classic age and feels gimmicky...

Almost as if one of our T100s snuck out in the middle of the night and had a few too many drinks with that rascal, the Triumph S3 and now this is the result of their night of rebellious passion...

Nobody has mentioned it's built in Thailand yet Lol.

That is because the wrapping paper is barely off of this new present and everyone is getting a limited view. All these "golden" children were made in Hinckley under quite care and time...different story when this shifts into "production" and the items start getting shipped over. I think there will be issues to come with this in time...even to the point of what we see in the picture right now will be the picture we see coming off the production line?????......:snack::confused::shrug:

Mark

750cc
Don't you guys cry too much over the price if that's US dollars lol. My dealer expects the price to be $C14.5 so fingers crossed on that one. As for the fake monoblock carbs gee really I haven't seen one in years, I'm more about mono block brakes so I didn't notice. I think I might buy one of these after a test ride, than I would dumping the extra cash into the old/new Bonneville.

drlapo

Hooligan
I hope the bikes are at the NYC show in December
even at $16000 I may be in the game for a Thruxton R with the fairing
there are now a few bikes that I would spend $ on:
Moto Guzzi Griso
BMW R nine T
Triumph Thruxton R
and probably the new T120 as my old back may not be able to handle the Thruxton ergonomics
I'll hold on to my 05 "street tracker" Thruxton now that I've improved the suspension and relaxed the riding position

Last edited:

Motley

750cc
I've been shopping around for a used Thruxton/Bonneville...I think I'm gonna hold off and get a T120 next year. I'm still keeping my '05 Thruxton, but that R spec looks feckin' gorgeous!

I found a local '13 Thruxton, with all of 1150 km on the clock. I'm gonna go have a look and listen tomorrow evening.

innominate

Street Tracker
I still want to see the weight figures.

I'd bet the 900 mill comes in about 490
The 1200. . I'd be shocked if it was under 575

Also. No one else is balking at the price? $14,500 for the thruxton r.
Thats base. no rear fender coolness, no awesome fender that hides just how big the fucking radiator is, no track package that supposedly uprates the power. no exhaust. i mean. for fucks sake. to kit one out with just the fairing and track pack that uprates the power will probably put it close to 17k. . . .
I think the model pricing is in line. What is it's competition? R nine t, motto guzzi, ducati scrambler & cb1100. In my opinion the pricing from bottom to top seems to line up with the competition. Scramble 8+ to the nine t at 15. Not sure if I'll want to get rid of my bonnie for a new one but the speed triple may have to go to make room in the garage.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I think the model pricing is in line. What is it's competition? R nine t, motto guzzi, ducati scrambler & cb1100. In my opinion the pricing from bottom to top seems to line up with the competition. Scramble 8+ to the nine t at 15. Not sure if I'll want to get rid of my bonnie for a new one but the speed triple may have to go to make room in the garage.

You could be right. I still find it hard to believe that I got my thruxton brand new 7100 out the door. and now they are going to be more than double the price.

innominate

Street Tracker
You could be right. I still find it hard to believe that I got my thruxton brand new 7100 out the door. and now they are going to be more than double the price.

I am with you on that point. For what I got my 06 bonnie the top of the line new bikes are pricy. My bonnie has never let me down

Very good point, Matt.

I find myself thinking how much fun the bigger motor would be, but to be honest, my T100 was and my Scrambler still is about as much power as I really need, and that's with a stock motor and stage 1 intake modifications. So there's still a bit of room for me to play with and still be within my limitations. But the Siren of Speed sure sings an enticing song.

Mark

750cc
$7100 for a new Thruxton?? You got a good deal there son. You will prob be able to get the latest new one for a screaming deal also I would figure.....maybe I should shop in Texas.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
$7100 for a new Thruxton?? You got a good deal there son. You will prob be able to get the latest new one for a screaming deal also I would figure.....maybe I should shop in Texas.

It was December 07 and it was a 06 model, only had 6 miles on it.

Year old model left sitting on the floor, reckon they wanted to get rid of it.