NEW Bonnie

strokerlmt

Personally I would rather take a $4000-$5000 donor T100 or Thrux and put 5k into engine and upgrades. Then I have the HP and suspension, less weight, more giddy up for less money. And its fun to do.
LMT

Mark

750cc
Agreed, it would be fun to do, but hey, everybody dumps on Harley for endlessly pumping out the same old stuff, you want Triumph to do the same?

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I think Triumph did the right thing with the new line because most up and coming buyers are looking for the things featured on these machines. I'm a Luddite and Triumph would go out of business focusing their efforts on someone like me.

While I'm not going to run out an buy a Street Twin anytime soon, I am going to be interested in seeing its development as rider & the aftermarket modify the machines. At some point, I may have to succumb to a fuel injected bike - which has the added complexities of CANBUS - and it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to go all the way & embrace the liquid cooling side of things.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
the street twin is smaller than the current Bonnie
I sat on one yesterday and it felt like a Ducati scrambler or a Guzzi V7
it sounds great with the stock pipes; much better than the current bikes louder and throatier
fit and finish is very good
it looks like a winner
the T120 and Thruxton R look great too but we didn't run either of them
the Thruxton riding position is not extreme and the T120 feels familiar
neither feels bigger than the current bikes

D9

Vendor
Good to hear of a hands-on finally... looking forward to
checking out the new bikes myself.

drlapo

Hooligan
maybe I'll get to ride one next weekend in Boston at the launch party
its being held at the Lars Anderson museum and they have a long driveway
it was 60F here in CT today

drlapo

Hooligan
Went to the launch party last night
Got a free hat
The bikes are really nicely put together and have fewer gaps than the current bikes
The street twin is very compact and feels light

But they also had a new speed triple in R in matt silver
That is one sweet machine. Its a better performance buy than the thruxton R: different market though

The new exhaust systems sound good. Much more open than the current stuff
I'll be watching EBay for cheap take offs as I would like to adapt a pair for my Thruxton

springing on the T120 is very soft and I weigh 150 lbs.

Last edited:

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Maybe I'm wrong, but according to Triumph's webpage, the Bonneville T100 is still in production?

In the mexican webpage, there are 2016 Street Twin, 2016 T100, 2016 T120, and 2016 Thruxton.

I asked the dealer, and he doesn't know yet

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Maybe I'm wrong, but according to Triumph's webpage, the Bonneville T100 is still in production?

In the mexican webpage, there are 2016 Street Twin, 2016 T100, 2016 T120, and 2016 Thruxton.

I asked the dealer, and he doesn't know yet

Yes, the street twin and t100 are still 865 cc mills IIRC

Mark

750cc
There is a nice low mile 2014 Thruxton at my dealer with Arrow 2-1 system....owner traded it on a new one, which won't arrive until April. There won't be any in the show room this year as they are all pre sold.