My new ride.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Heard these finally made it to the US. So I rode down to the most local Honda dealership and spied this one their showroom floor. Mine now. It's niiiice.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cb1100_05272013.jpg
    cb1100_05272013.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I have been drooling over those fuckers for the three years I have been over here in Japan. Very nice buy...you are going to enjoy it!

strokerlmt

Shit that is a nice looking bike....IMHO the bars don't look great but I hear you about lock to lock.......maybe time for a new tank from Benji ;-))))) pulled back in the front brit style.....
LMT

JimmyR

Street Tracker
They look better in real life than photos, don't they? You got the best colour. That red is beautiful. They were available here in Australia but I think they have stopped bringing them in now.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Shit that is a nice looking bike....IMHO the bars don't look great but I hear you about lock to lock.......maybe time for a new tank from Benji ;-))))) pulled back in the front brit style.....
LMT

Ha .. benjie .. that slacker would end up taking 2 yrs to make something. No thanks. There's a Japanese company already make an old style CB750 tank for this .. they're called White House. Here's a pic. This is NEW CB1100 with their body parts kit called the K10.

Honda-CB-1100-K10-Red-by-White-House-Japan-11.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
They look better in real life than photos, don't they? You got the best colour. That red is beautiful. They were available here in Australia but I think they have stopped bringing them in now.

The only color offered here in the US is Red.

strokerlmt

Ha .. benjie .. that slacker would end up taking 2 yrs to make something. No thanks. There's a Japanese company already make an old style CB750 tank for this .. they're called White House. Here's a pic. This is NEW CB1100 with their body parts kit called the K10.

Honda-CB-1100-K10-Red-by-White-House-Japan-11.jpg

Now I like that different tank...no offense but I like the new bike but the tank, seat, handle bars, these are things that eat me and the rear fender seems 14 feet to long BUT shit hot bike...congrats.....now if I had $$$$ I would take the base bike, eliminate bars, new tank, new seat, new fenders, dump the air box, side covers andddddd.....dream gone.....enjoy the bike....wish I had one.
LMT

Mark

750cc
looks great, in Canada we could only get them in white with ABS and the price was up there too, which didn't matter...after a couple of weeks the dealer sold the only one they had.

irishrider60

Scooter
Best of Luck with the new ride. I would be interested in hearing how the bike performs compared to your other bikes. I sat on this bike at the NYC bike show this year and thought it was awesome.

drlapo

Hooligan
I saw the bike at NYC in January and was impressed
gotta change the bars
it feels smaller than a 1100

ride it up to Bennington this weekend so we can see it

Bonafide

NBR founder
I can tell you some initial impressions about it. I've only been able to put 75mi on it since Monday (dang work getting in the way).

The seat absolutely sucks. 20min in the saddle and my ass hurts - like hot spots on either cheek. I'm thinking it's too soft. My normal ride is a 300 mi loop - the first part of which is me riding 90mi straight up to the mountains .. so it's not like I have a candy ass. The stock seat is garage ... and it's too low .. or I'm too tall at 6'00" for this bike.

It has the power I wish/think a Bonnie should have. It's not raw .. just very strong and smooth. Redline is 9k rpms. It can smoothly and easily putter around at 3k rpms and still have the torque to pull itself up thru the rpms without downshifting.

It doesnt feel like it weighs 500lbs. It's very balanced and easy to move around. I havent been able to hit the mountains but seems to handle quite well with the tight stuff. It's low speed handling in a parking lot is amazing. One thing against it .. the suspension is SOFT. Like pogo-stick soft in the curves. I dont like that.

It's quiet .. like 'is my bike running' quiet.

And the handle bars are a bit too high up for my liking .. which sits me back on my ass, which might be a contributing factor to the seat sucking so much.