My Blinkgeber's Busted!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
One reason it's good to have two identical bikes: Suspect a faulty part? Swap it with it's match on the other bike and see if fault still exists.

:)

I guess the water dripping out of it because it's rubber thingy ma jingy holding it to the clip was broken and thus it was dangling upside down was a clue....

Wow. Out of context that previous sentence could be a bit embarassing!

Anyway, off to find a new turn signal blinker relay before Bennington!

You can have my original Blinkgeber (not the rubber thingy), if you want it, but it might be easier to find one in the local automotive emporium.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The semi-local Napa had the closest thing I could find, which was an EP-35 relay. Same pinout, but slightly different wattage marking. Nothing exploded in the garage test, but the blinkers do blink faster. Not stutter-strobe fast, but faster.

That said, I was going to buy two (at $14 each) so I'd have a spare for the 'Lass. I'd gladly take yours. I'll be at the Lab Thursday and Friday this week - gonna be nearby??

Deek

Scooter
The semi-local Napa had the closest thing I could find, which was an EP-35 relay. Same pinout, but slightly different wattage marking. Nothing exploded in the garage test, but the blinkers do blink faster. Not stutter-strobe fast, but faster.

That said, I was going to buy two (at $14 each) so I'd have a spare for the 'Lass. I'd gladly take yours. I'll be at the Lab Thursday and Friday this week - gonna be nearby??

My bike is a 2010 Bonnie SE (fuel injected). And my stock flasher (I think) quits working after an hour. I don't know if the flasher for my and your Bonnie is the same.....I probably will have to get an EP-35 and try it and hope the thing doesn't detonate.........