Miles per tank? Town riders.

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Err thanks for your 2 cents but for same reason your bike is sitting In the garage I haven't been out cruising in the country. As and when it warms up I will be. Until then I commuting on it alone. I' m only trying to identify if something is amiss or whether the fuel consumption is pretty normal for town riding.

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
On a parkway group ride averaging 45 mph and no stopping I got 60 mpg on a stock 790. The ride was way too slow and in no way worth the extra mpg.
Initial break in miles on the bike started with mid 30's then improved to mid 40's after about 3,000 miles. Now (11,000 miles on the clock) I get around 45 to 50 mpg with mixed riding. Think I will try a local station that boast no ethanol in the gas just to see the difference in mileage.

T100JIP

Scooter
Gents,
I've just figured the MPG for the first time, 52 miles per gallon. I was pleased as it hasn't had it's first oil change yet. So it may get better. My warning light came on at 125 miles, then went off, then on, then off....finally stayed on at around 135 miles. When filling up to the approved level, I added only 2.4 to 2.7 gallons. (Two fill ups). Seems the reserve amount must be a little over a gallon. T100JIP

danifly

moped
My Fuel Light comes on at about 95 miles.

My bike has less then 2000 miles and I'm hoping it will increase with mileage..

Do you guys know how large the Fuel Tank is after you make room for the fuel pump on an '09 Bonnie?

Thanks

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
120 miles for me until I hit the reserve

EXACTLY 25 miles for my reserve and yes...I learned that one the hard way!

Kappy

Two Stroke
I manage to get 170km until the reserve light goes on, I usually start then looking for a patrol station asap and in average I refill 13 - 14 liter ( covered app. 190km).

The little fuel on-board my T100 is actually the only ( minor ) point I do not like too much - rest is just perfect>

Kappy

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
On my '09 EFI, my low fuel light is on steady between 123 and 135 miles. I know you don't like to use mpg but that works out to about 45 mpg for me. I feel confident that I could go right at 180 miles before I might be running on fumes, if I had to. The only question then would be, "Do you feel lucky?"
I've always been the type to fill up looooong before fume time comes around and with a bad lower back, 130 miles seems and feels about like the right time to hop off and filler up anyway. I have, and hate to, run outta gas!
Hope this helps ya.

timnak

moped
09 bonneville black, I'm averaging 50 miles per gallon (canadian gallon) or 17 kilometers per liter. about 113 miles to the tank and the light is on intermittently.

Crispy

Scooter
2011, T100, 800 miles

Light came on at 125 miles this am. She took 3.1 gallons. I was really cracking the throttle this weekend though...:pd: :nono:

belcher

moped
'02 790 w/ 13K, D&D's 48-50 mpg and ~45-47 if I am really dogging it. I usually fill about every 100 miles and takes about 2 gal +/- a few tenths. I have gone 115 and not hit reserve.

Funny thing is that my '63 BSA A-10 has a 2 gallon tank and gets 100 miles flat and then you are pushing. So is this really progress?

ratlab

Scooter
warning light starts blinking around 110 and stays on about 125-40-45 mpg- arrow 2-1,power commander,custom map,airbox removal,k&n pods-gets better gas mileage than stock-i don't commute or do to much riding in town

jhillier71

Street Tracker
i usually go for a refill around 160 km/ 100 mile but when i forget i usually get also the .... sputtrs...sputtrs.... shit... where is the damn reserve switch....
this happens most of the time around 170km/105 mile or 180km/110 mile

mostly i go for short trips / city traffic 50km/h - 70km/h
i got no idea how much i can go on the reserve...

i usually go for a refill abouth 12liters / 3,17 us gallon

greetz

similar numbers here in Canada (litres) on my 2010 Thrux10 and with the Triumph Offroad remapping, approx. 160 km in town before my light will come on. When I am 100% highway cruising I can go at least 250 km without seeing the low fuel light but i dont risk it.

LA_Geezer

Scooter
My 2011 Speedmaster will go almost to 160 miles — 152 low, 159 high — before the light comes on. It's a bit frustrating because filling the tank never gets near 3 US gallons, meaning that there's enough gas in the tank to go more than 100 miles with what's left.

dickydoo

Scooter
Low Fuel Light

I have been averaging approx 120miles until low fuel indicator. Usaually takes 2.4 gals to refill,this would indicate 1.9 gals still in tank at low fuel warning? Has anybody seen 200 miles between fillups?