Metal Mule Pannior cases for Bonneville

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
20130228c.jpg

As far as loading capacity for travelling equipment, Bonneville is not the best motorcycle as it is not designed in such purposes. As I often travel long-distance with Bonneville for up to a week, I have tried to use several luggage system and ended up using the hard pannier cases. The most famous Pannier systems that can be attached to Bonneville are provided by HEPCO & BECKER, but I have got those provided from Metal Mule, the british company, due to its design (simple box-type) and durability. Although it is somewhat pricy, it is well worth the price.

Metal Mule provide pannier cases with three different sizes (45L, 38, 31L per box), I have selected the 31L-cases. To attach the cases with Bonneville, you need the pannier frame specifically designed for Bonneville.
mm1.jpg

For those who use non-factory rear suspension, attentions are needed to make sure that the pannier frame has not in contact with. Ohlins suspension is not compatible (see PICT#4 below), but Bitubo is OK.
20130228f.jpg

Last summer, I have traveled for a week with camping equipment, and I am very happy with Metal Mule cases. By the way, I made the original “folding table”, and I found it very usable at camping sites.
http://blog-imgs-48.fc2.com/r/o/a/roadmanbo/20130521a.jpg

Last edited: