Members locations on Google Maps

Well, I was bored this afternoon and thought about creating a map so as people could pin their locations and any other useful info such as bike friendly bars/cafes and their local Triumph dealer e.t.c

The map is open to all but it is not publically listed with Google. I put the approximate location of my house rather than exact as I don't want people turning up unannounced. Maybe this'll fly, maybe it'll die - up to you guys.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=211963368805524151578.000497e81b476fb64d7c7

I think this link is static but I'm new to Google Maps so maybe someone with a little more nouse can verify.

Cheers,

Pikey.

koifarm

Hooligan
On the map Pikey...great project, it's gonna look cool when and if everyone placemarks their locations.....

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
A similar map was started when this site was, but it has seemed to have gone by the wayside. Something like this should be a 'sticky' for the simple reason..."hey, I am planning a trip to Idaho...Let's see who lives out there and hook up" type of thing. If it gets buried, some people might forget about it, or not know of its exsistence all together.

My $0.02

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Added my location, which is effective February 1, 2010.

Also, the image below is a "crash course" on how to add yours...

Attachments

• NBR Map.jpg
    NBR Map.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
To complicated for me. The map I get is different from the one in the previous instruction post by ggrat, but I'm kumpewtur illuturate.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
To complicated for me. The map I get is different from the one in the previous instruction post by ggrat.

I'm with Grumpy. I don't even have the "edit" function as an option. Do I need to have a Google Maps account or something? I like this map.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
OK I figured out the answer to my own question. In order to even add your location you must first have an google account and you must use "my maps" linky and then you can use the instructions posted earlier.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I noticed that the map is heavily pinned on the east coast of the U.S. Not that it's all that unusual I guess. I'd figure there would be more west coast pins.

mark66

TT Racer
I noticed that the map is heavily pinned on the east coast of the U.S. Not that it's all that unusual I guess. I'd figure there would be more west coast pins.

Yeah, where's all the west coast riders and how about the UK, Europe and Oz?