Maine European Motorcycle Enthusiast Meet 25-27 July

NEPatriots9

Scooter
Maine European Motorcycle Meet

What is the Maine European Motorcycle Meet? It's a wonderful weekend celebrating the art, engineering and music of European and British motorcycles. Hosted by Sunday River Ski Resort in Bethel, Maine, this event which started as a one day BBQ has grown to a weekend long event that attracts folks from all over the US and Canada.

Over the years the attendance has gone from around 35 folks to over 300. The weekend events include, a meet and greet on Friday evening, a "Vintage" tour, "Adventure" tours, a covered bridge tour, as well as rides through the western mountains of Maine and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Vendors display bikes and gear throughout the weekend with past displays by Street Cycles (BMW and Triumph), Moto Milano (Ducati, VT Cycles (Ural and Royal Enfield), Great Bay Motorcycles (Ducati and Triumph) and The Motorcycle Shop. There are raffles for all sorts of odds and ends with past prizes from Whitehorse Gear, Spectro Oils, Cagiva USA, Shoei, Red Bull, Caravan B+B, The Bethel Inn, Staintune Exhaust and more. A 50/50 raffle is also drawn twice during the weekend.

Saturday evening brings the yearly party with a dinner and entertainment, which includes folks trying to stump me in a game of motorcycle trivia. In the past we've had some great times and it will surely continue this year. As the meet has gotten bigger over the years, reservations should be made to make sure you have a seat and there is enough food to go around.
Sunday brings the British and European Motorcycle show and this, as with the rest of the meet, continues to grow in attendance. The machinery displayed at the show is of the highest caliber. Past winners have been a Benelli six, a trick Laverda Jota, a titainium framed carbon fiber wheeled Ducati and more. Lots to see and a BBQ tops things off.

New this year: The Motorcycle Shop of Freeport, Maine has stepped up to present the meet. Because of this, we will be having live entertainment during the show on Sunday as well as the entertainment on Saturday night. They'll also have a big trailer full of gear and have a bunch of vintage bikes on display. I thank the crew at the shop for offering to help make this an even better event this year.

This year's event will be on July 25-27th at Sunday River Ski Resort in Bethel, Maine.

http://www.eurobikemaine.org/mememeet.html

Last edited:

NEPatriots9

Scooter
Come on up Kevin, may be a hike for you but I think it will be worth it. I am bringing my wife to this one.

If you need any more info on it let me know, they get a good turn out to this event and lots of dealer support.

NEPatriots9

Scooter
DavidC, it will be like the BTB in the fact it's a tight knit group who enjoy riding and having a good time, well worth your ride up.

Father Joe we'd love to see you up here.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
DavidC, it will be like the BTB in the fact it's a tight knit group who enjoy riding and having a good time, well worth your ride up.

Father Joe we'd love to see you up here.

I'm going to start my replacement search tomorrow a.m. It's getting harder and harder to find weekend coverage with the shortage of priests up here. We're dependent upon the retired ones who still have their shit together and can remember how to say mass and not drool on the hosts!

Hedge

American Infidel
I'm going to start my replacement search tomorrow a.m. It's getting harder and harder to find weekend coverage with the shortage of priests up here. We're dependent upon the retired ones who still have their shit together and can remember how to say mass and not drool on the hosts!
Just tell them that Sunday's services has been moved to Sunday River Ski Resort for that weekend - they are your sheep and you are their Herder; they will follow! :D

Hedge

American Infidel
Interesting!

OK - Mike - you have officially got MattRat and I interested. I am going to run this idea by UncleCharlie, Bucky and even Jimmy to see if they are interested. Right now it looks to be about a 350 mile run each way, twice the ride to BTB. That's not to bad especially knowing that the ride to Maine is beautiful! I have spent much time in Rangely so i know what I'm getting into should we decide to detour from Carlisle instead.

The most important question would be where is the best place for us to book rooms that is walking distance to all events. As with the BTB you don't want to be riding at the end of the night.
Hedge

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
OK - Mike - you have officially got MattRat and I interested. I am going to run this idea by UncleCharlie, Bucky and even Jimmy to see if they are interested. Right now it looks to be about a 350 mile run each way, twice the ride to BTB. That's not to bad especially knowing that the ride to Maine is beautiful! I have spent much time in Rangely so i know what I'm getting into should we decide to detour from Carlisle instead.

The most important question would be where is the best place for us to book rooms that is walking distance to all events. As with the BTB you don't want to be riding at the end of the night.
Hedge

- uh,,, uh,,,, yaH!! A....buurrrp...Greed!

Now (that) I know that all the BIG & COOL guys are going, I'm gettin' on the phone right now to one of our old decrepit guys to take my place ! yeeehaw!

Hedge, I'll bring my funnel and beer hat!

Hedge

American Infidel
[/i]

- uh,,, uh,,,, yaH!! A....buurrrp...Greed!

Now (that) I know that all the BIG & COOL guys are going, I'm gettin' on the phone right now to one of our old decrepit guys to take my place ! yeeehaw!

Hedge, I'll bring my funnel and beer hat!
The good news Fatha is I'll bring my camera, the bad news (which isn't really bad news for me) is I don't drink or drug! The best news is, I still manage to have an excellent time when mixing in company without stimulants! :)

DavidC

Rocker
Where to stay around Bethel?

I was just poking around for lodging up there - campgrounds included. Looks like slim pickings; I found three places nearby, each about a c-note a night. Any ideas, NEPatriot?

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
The good news Fatha is I'll bring my camera, the bad news (which isn't really bad news for me) is I don't drink or drug! The best news is, I still manage to have an excellent time when mixing in company without stimulants! :)

Geez, I didn't mean that you had to use the funnel, I just said that hoping that the thought of seeing ME use it would entice you to commit to going! :)