LSL Clip-On Eliminator Kit 2004-2007 Thruxton

ThruxNJ

Two Stroke
Anyone have any experience with this kit? I'm entertaining the idea of changing things up for a bit on my 05 Thruxton.

Skidmark

Scooter
I've had one for about 4 years, nice piece of kit. It does what it says on the tin. The risers are a bit short if you want to put straight bars on but with the higher bars in the kit no problem.
I mounted my clocks on the underside and flipped over the headlamp brackets to drop the light.
Once you have done it once swapping back to clip-ons is a 1 hour job.
Skiddy
YMMV

drlapo

Hooligan
the LSl stuff is really nice
the Normn Hyde stuff is a bit crude
when you're done with it let me know as I may want it

beemerrich

Street Tracker
+1 on the norman hyde being less than nicely finished. I spent an evening sanding off the machining marks and another polishing before it met my standards.

If anyone needs a top tree with risers, I'll part with it. I'm running SV650 clip ons over the tree (honda F3 forks) and doubt I'll go back...

Regards,

--Rich

beemerrich

Street Tracker
The top tree/risers I have is by Norman Hyde. I paid about $250 for the NH kit...so $125 for the yoke & risers would be somewhere close. This is for 7/8" bars.

If you want to stay stock triumph, the EFI thruxton top yoke w/o the risers is like $200 and works with the carbed lower yoke...the price jumps to almost $300 with the risers. You'd need to shop around for alternate risers if you don't have 1" bars...or fit the meridan type bar shims....

Regards,

--Rich

tonupboy

Scooter
Lsl

Having LSL - kit for many years...
high quality, good looking, now with
lsl - sportstourer-bar.

better control and handling

:c

drlapo

Hooligan
Beemerrich: what other parts are needed for the conversion?: front brake hose, reservoir bracket, bars
anything else?