Lost weight new rider

strokerlmt

In 3 months I have lost 28 lbs. 211 to 183. Resting heart rate from 79 to 64 and BP low low end of normal. Did it with 230 bucks worth of nutrisystem first month then copying the menu. Plus 2.5 miles power walk at 6 am and 2.5 again at lunch break. I can jog it easily but my knee is wrecked the next day. Back into my 32 draggin jeans and feel pretty good. Still have 3 or 4 lite ones in the garage when tinkering. Going for the 175 which feels real good when I am there. Plus add a dash of mega stress and I burned off a couple with that.
LMT

mark66

TT Racer
Way to go....sounds like you got a good plan working for you. Probably feels like your bike is running faster too!!!

simpson

TT Racer
Congrats on fixing your hp/weight ratio!

I need to follow your example...I am outgrowing my "yard" pants (36" waist)

-simpson

T-boy

Rocker
Way to go, stroker. I don't need to lose any weight, I just need to grow about a foot taller. Then all will be good!

strokerlmt

PS.....the difference between the ride feel of the green bike, cut up frame, alu swingarm, alloys and the RAF bike stock everything with stock rims is so different. Huge .....
LMT

40....fuck that is an accomplishment.....you didn't look that heavy in your picture.

Most of it was beer weight. I stopped drinking for 4 months and watched my diet and lost 40 lbs. I've had a few drinks here and there in the last few months, but I've tried to stick to gin and tonic, or diet coke and Jameson instead of Lone Star tall boys. I've managed to maintain the same weight, so I think I'm doing it right. I'd like to drop another 20lbs, but I'm really not going crazy with it.

And yes, I had to buy all new clothes. I went down from XXL shirts to XL, and dropped about 4" off my waist.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Congrats, LMT... keep up the good work.

Every time I lose some weight I gain most of it right back. Over all I'm still down a little, but it's amazing how quick you can find it after you've lost it. Hard to take off... easy to put back on.

I've sure given Nutrisystem some serious consideration, but never acted on it. Any thoughts, advice or recommendations??

Beaman

Two Stroke
Good for you! I have been hitting the gym hard and the weight is staying. A lot more muscle, but I guess I got to work on the diet now too.

strokerlmt

Congrats, LMT... keep up the good work.

Every time I lose some weight I gain most of it right back. Over all I'm still down a little, but it's amazing how quick you can find it after you've lost it. Hard to take off... easy to put back on.

I've sure given Nutrisystem some serious consideration, but never acted on it. Any thoughts, advice or recommendations??

The nutrisystem is cheap....230 for a month. I got all dry cereals for brkfast, simple quick lunches, simple dinners....no fluff. its all portions no bread deserts. then I just copied the portions. it was the power walking every day that helped a lot and I am holding and still loosing with the portions. when we ate out nothing saucy fried and I only ate 1/2 and pushed the plate away.
good luck
LMT

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
The nutrisystem is cheap....230 for a month. I got all dry cereals for brkfast, simple quick lunches, simple dinners....no fluff. its all portions no bread deserts. then I just copied the portions. it was the power walking every day that helped a lot and I am holding and still loosing with the portions. when we ate out nothing saucy fried and I only ate 1/2 and pushed the plate away.
good luck
LMT

Thanks, LMT. I had my yearly check-up done 2 weeks ago (including getting the finger :nose:). Dr. says I need to exercise more because my blood work indicated I was a quart low on good cholesterol. I'm not opposed to getting back to the gym, but not too keen on giving up the spicy foods. Hell, I just gave up smoking, and I do like the spicy stuff... even better if it's fried. :D

More power to you LMT. Right now all my my will power is pretty much being consumed with the not smoking. But I do see nutrisystem in my not so distant future.

strokerlmt

Thanks, LMT. I had my yearly check-up done 2 weeks ago (including getting the finger :nose:). Dr. says I need to exercise more because my blood work indicated I was a quart low on good cholesterol. I'm not opposed to getting back to the gym, but not too keen on giving up the spicy foods. Hell, I just gave up smoking, and I do like the spicy stuff... even better if it's fried. :D

More power to you LMT. Right now all my my will power is pretty much being consumed with the not smoking. But I do see nutrisystem in my not so distant future.

I know this sounds soooo fucking PC. It is exercise, no alcohol, portions. I am doing it and still drinking "garage beers" because I doubled up on the jog/power walks. If you got up early and walked an hour every day, watched your portions, keep eatin spicy, no deserts no bread and did for 3 mo's I bet you would loose a ton.
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I know this sounds soooo fucking PC. It is exercise, no alcohol, portions. I am doing it and still drinking "garage beers" because I doubled up on the jog/power walks. If you got up early and walked an hour every day, watched your portions, keep eatin spicy, no deserts no bread and did for 3 mo's I bet you would loose a ton.
LMT

That is it right there. A bonus to this is that IF you keep an aggressive schedule up, then in six months your metabolism will be kicked back in and ripping through the calories for energy. I have to work out five days a week, two hours a day starting at 0500. I fucking despised it six months ago but now I feel great, in great shape and I eat like I'm eighteen again where I take no prisoners on a good dinner out! I'm 43 as well so I know about metabolisms slowing down...it happened to me and my gut was proof of that! Good luck with it Stroker and keep it going...it gets better and better.

fender

Street Tracker
LMT

Sounds like your doing it the right way, move and control portions. The great this as others have also pointed out is the longer you do this the more it becomes your routine\habits for the prior lifestyle.

Good work keep it up!

I started cutting out most of my carbs in October and lost about thirty until February when I seemed to hit a wall. I then started cardio and lifting for an hour and a half every morning six days a week and lost fifteen more pounds. Since then I have gained about four pounds in muscle and I feel twenty years younger. My diet now is healthier with portion limits and very little booze. Very hard to do with Blue Bell ice cream moving into my state a few months ago and if Whataburger moves in then I'm done for. If any of you losing weight want more results then I strongly suggest more exercise. The results are addicting. Good luck to all.