Longest Day

hankmarx

750cc
Someone recently asked about the touring ability of the Bonneville. It is not a touring bike per se,but I am sure quite a few of us have had long days in the sadddle. Bone stock I did a bunch of 500 mile days, and after I changed my springs and forks have had a few 600 and a 700 mile day. {Austin to Albuquerque} Let's hear your longest days on the bike.:ride:

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Longest Day

God bless ya! I used to be able to do those & more! Too old now& busted up!
I get a 200+ sometimes, but those days are over for me! The Bonne isnt A CRUISIN BIKE its my sports car. Many years ago it woulda been a cruiser to me but not now. I LOVE the twisties on it more than anything (besides the looks)! It wont do much against a crotch rocket, but against most cars- it will blowthem off them w/ ease!!! It still gives a little speed rush. The ton is fun- but not real comfy!- an occasional rush a few times a year? Gotta love the bike!!! Your doin 350+mi trips Id say you are in your 20-30's? If more- power to ya!!!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
350 is my longest day on my thrux, don't see why more would be an issue especially after a few cold brews. Of course as the cap'n said I'm in my 20s so that might be why. Bonnie would be much more comfy considering it doesn't have clip ons.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I've done just over 1000 miles in one day on my Bonnie. Something other than stock seat probably would have helped, but at that distance I don't think it would have made much difference. Incidentally the next day I did another 350 to get home. I rode from central TX to southern FL when Hurricane Gustav was in the gulf heading north and another Hurricane/TS was off the east coast of FL.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
One 450 miler (another one coming up for the Bennington Bash!!), one 350 miler, lotsa 150-200 milers. WELL past my 20's.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
17 hours, +1000 kms in one 'day', non-stop from 9 am until something like 2 or 3 am...On a fully loaded bike with stock seat. We were coming back from New Brunswick through Quebec (never again!) through to Perth Ontario.

ivar

TT Racer
Did several 500 mile days with stock seat/susp. That was enough miles ea. day.
Last year with Thrux seat + ikon shocks I've done some 400 mile days with passenger, could easily gone longer.

MOSES

750cc
350miles is my longest in a day on the bonnie but I'm sure that will change this summer.
Quite a few 200 mile days.

I use to do alot of 550+ mile day trips from Houston to Pensacola in my early 20's
on my old Gixxer. That was fun Ahhh... Back in the day !

longest day

Approx. 140 miles. Thumb on my throttle hand is going arthritic on me. God does it start hurting like h--- halfway through a ride of that distance.

Just got a "Cramp buster" for the throttle. Weather has been to bad for long rides lately soooo, not yet sure if the CB will help extend my ability to ride longer distances (I hope so).

DandyDoug

750cc
Hey Grumpy,

Try some different bars, I went through three before I got comfortable. I have a bit of the TIZ in my hands and my right was severly damaged in the military. At the moment I have flat track style bars, a set of vintage foot ball style grips and use a Throttle Rocker when I'm going on a long ride. I just put my bar riser back on , but it's been too cold to go out and test ride to see if I like it any better that way.

Good luck.
Doug

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
Longest on the Bonnie, about 375 miles. Just meandering through the back roads. The seat was comfy and no rider fatigue. On shorter rides, say 100-200 miles in a group, my butt would grow numb. Go figure. Solo, or a group of two or three is more relaxing.

GuyM

Street Tracker
Four hundred plus on the Scram, loaded for camping & fun! Silly thing averaged something like 52 mpg on that trip. I was suitably impressed.
IMG_0208.jpg

Kirkus51

Hooligan
150 on the Black recently. 1,100 on an old Beemer with a Meyers "Day-Long" saddle. Los Angeles to Denver. And I might add unbelievably stupid.

Thanks Doug

Thnx for the Rxs on bars etc. The crampbuster is my first attempt to remedy the "TIZ" caused problem. Starting simple and hoping that fixes the problem.