light out

drlapo

Hooligan
one of the LEDs in my 06 Speed Triple gauge cluster is out.
I called the dealer to find out if they will fix it under warranty (good until 8/30/09)
the service guy says no replacment LEDs are offered by Triumph so he will ask if they will replace the entire cluster under warranty
does anyone know what "size" LED is needed if the warranty claim is not honored? will any 12v LED work? how do you know its polarity?
:shh:

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
FPBEG4NFK8FVU92.MEDIUM.jpg

I don't think you just go out and buy a 12v LED. Im no expert, thats for sure.
If I remember correctly then LED's are less than 12v, and the voltages to each are controlled with resistors. I have some brief experience making home-aid guitar effects stomp boxes, and I think I am remembering correctly. Its been a while.

There are a few variables to consider when selecting LEDs...color, intensity, physical size, energy requirements... Do some homework on the internet. I hope this helps a little. If someone else can correct what I wrote then please do. This info is based on the memories of someone with bad memory!

Mahart

Two Stroke
The + is the cathode and the - is the anode. Otherwise I'd be rotting pipeline and killing people. Junior college chem teacher taught me "plussy cat". She never got why I snickered every time she said that.

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
The + is the cathode and the - is the anode. Otherwise I'd be rotting pipeline and killing people. Junior college chem teacher taught me "plussy cat". She never got why I snickered every time she said that.

Your chem teacher was correct when dealing with cations and anions (with a positive and negative charge, respectively.)

But in the world of diodes, the cathode is indeed the negative end, and vice- versa for the anode.
Do a little homework if you doubt it.

Mahart

Two Stroke
Your chem teacher was correct when dealing with cations and anions (with a positive and negative charge, respectively.)

But in the world of diodes, the cathode is indeed the negative end, and vice- versa for the anode.
Do a little homework if you doubt it.

You are right, and I am a monkey with half a brain.

drlapo

Hooligan
Triumph will replace the entire gauge cluster, $1200, this week under warranty
no arguements, no shit, just if it's broke; we fix it