Leather pants perforated opinions please

CarLess

Scooter
Hi all, i find a pair of Triumph perforated leather pants on a dealer. They are very comfortable but before to buy them i would like to know if somebody has had some experience in any kind of perforated leather pants...does this kind of leather protect as the non perforated? (it looks thin..) do you think is possible to ride with them during spring and autumn (50 to 60 degrees.)?. I try to find some info about this Triumph Classic leather perforated and didin't find anything...I live in Spain and i ride a BMW 1150 GSA and we have a very good weather all the year , except from December to February so i think the pants could be a good idea for me..
thank's in advance and sorry for my english..

I have a perforated leather jacket which is great in summer as allows lots of wind. But when temp gets cooler, it offers no warmth. But protection wise the pants would be good and far better than normal trousers.

DIRK

750cc
if you want to ride year round but be comfortable you might try textiles. you can be warmer in the winter and water proof with an insert. and cooler in the summer than the perf leather
and still have waterproofing. check out revit gear. top flight kit for all seasons. http://www.facebook.com/revit.motorcycle.gear

CarLess

Scooter
if you want to ride year round but be comfortable you might try textiles. you can be warmer in the winter and water proof with an insert. and cooler in the summer than the perf leather
and still have waterproofing. check out revit gear. top flight kit for all seasons. http://www.facebook.com/revit.motorcycle.gear

Thank's Dirk, i have already a textil pants from BMW (very similar to Revit gear) but i was excited to have a pair of leather, more better looking and safer.. IMHO The point is, perforated or solid?

thank's

jhillier71

Street Tracker
one pair of perforated pants coming up

sorry, couldnt resist :woot:

Attachments

• l9248.jpg
    l9248.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0

dschief

750cc
I have a pair of perforated leather pants (Joe Rocket's I believe), but they are not thin or cool (unless you are doing 70+ mph). They have full hip and knee armor, but I haven't had the opportunity to try out their protective properties & I hope I never do. I would say they are as safe as solid pants, but they aren't Triumph pants so it really doesn't answer your question.

In my opinion 50 to 60 degrees is too cold for perforated leather.
My former employer supplied good quality leather jackets as I was required to ride as a major part of my job. When wearing the perforated jacket if the day turned cool it required a nylon outer cover and a light wool under garment. That said, great in summer and as long as it's quality equipment completely safe.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Perforated leather is what I ride in, during the summer I get awesome airflow and am well protected, during the winder a windproof inner liner with a thermal or sweatshirt underneath does the job. Summers here are 100deg and winters can get down to the 30's Your climate, I feel perforated leather is gonna be pointless, you can wear a leather jacket and some knee pads with shin protectors and get a pair of kevlar lined riding jeans and be okay.

anthone

Scooter
i live in calirfornia and its 50/60 where i live and my hands get pretty cold. the tips can go numb sometimes if its cold enough. but my hands arent near the pipes so maybe youll be okay? ask them if you can take a ride in them! lol.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
NO offense but you guys are a buncha pussies!!! I'd GLADLY ride in 50-60 and wear my light gloves and not complain about cold fingers. Not when I will ride in 45 in my old school leather with layers underneath.

I realize that the thread is about perforated leather jackets but it's going near freezing tonight and been raining for 2 days and I haven't been able to ride in far too long AND my car is on the kaputz so if it was even close to riding weather I'd be a happy camper!!!

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I prefer perforated leather pants so as to let that airflow through. It gets over a hundred and 90 % humidity here in the summer and perforated leathers are good kit. In the winter months I ride with em on and a layer or two of insulation as needed. Last week it was in the 50's no rain and for the first time in 2 weeks, I got to ride. It was great. Yesterday, it got in the mid 70's here in South Carolina and no insulation was used. Oh yeah, the ride was absolutely PERFECT!
Hope this helps ya with your decision on the pants..... and BlueJ, I sure as hell ain't a pussy but I do get some!

Last edited: