latest mods.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Ok, pipes back on bike. One pic will show them with the headers painted and the very tails painted - from the weld to the end. I thought this looked dorkey so, I took them back off and painted everything. I like the look on my bike, makes me appreciate my earlier choice of black cam covers which I was beginning to doubt. Fell in love with the sound right away, but noticed it was hesitant at low rpm's and popping and stalling after my first ride. So i set it up with 1 shim and put the 152 mains back in, 42 pilot and 2.5 cranks out on mix. screw and I think it's running great. Of all the days not to be able to find any HD's to pull up next to. :)

threw a couple other early pics in there; you'll notice that tree damage on my property; big storm went through two weeks ago. Tomorrow is chainsawing day with parishioners aftr an a.m. morning double funeral. When it rains it pours. I burn wood so that is good. God provided! I've probably got over 10 cord. Gratuitous pic of newly purchased parish plow truck, just cuz I like it! The plow is cool too, a big extendable Blizzard ( note to you Texas guys: never mind the plow stuff, you wouldn't understand!)

Attachments

• 08 june storm damage 034.jpg
    08 june storm damage 034.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 033.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 033.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 009.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 009.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 032.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 032.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 034.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 034.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 035.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 035.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 036.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 036.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • churchgrounds and bike mods 031.jpg
    churchgrounds and bike mods 031.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey Joe
They look great, I am sure you love the sound.
Let me know how the high heat paint holds up on the first bend of the headers.
I didn't have very good luck I kept getting little blisters at the first bend.
I ended up having them ceramic coated.

That is a very nice truck and man!!! that was a big-ass tree.

Bill

that looks great, you look like one proud Father! :D

I like the old truck too! The buildings are very neat as well, we don't have that style of architecture here.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Hey Joe
They look great, I am sure you love the sound.
Let me know how the high heat paint holds up on the first bend of the headers.
I didn't have very good luck I kept getting little blisters at the first bend.
I ended up having them ceramic coated.

That is a very nice truck and man!!! that was a big-ass tree.

Bill

Bill, I have no doubt that i'm gonna end up ceramic coating them, but wanted the look like I used to want women: fast and cheap! ;)

Lost three trees, one onto the front porch.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
I was reeeeally liking that look Padre. I almost broke down when I read that you "took them back off and painted everything." Please say it ain't so. :( - which look Triumph? the one with the quarter fairing (too BMW) or the one with the little bit of stainless between the black ? (imo, just, uhm,...well dorkey)

BTW Padre, I thought this was a plow... but hey, I'm from Texas. :eek:

plow.h6.jpg

Wow! how does it do in the snow? :)

Last edited:

DavidC

Rocker
Looks good!

Very nice transformation, Joe. The machine looks classy but tough, like a drunken sailor in his dress blues.
Seems like a lot of people die up there; be sure to ask about old motorcycles they may have tucked in their barns.;)

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
TTU: Sent your pics to J.R. at Corbin, he promises me that they've sent me a new locking mechanism for the "trunk"; but as to my claim that the seat was supposed to look like yours, there's been no response. I'm not hopeful. Their lack of response/communication has been ongoing, at least with me.

Gilligan: i'm located in far northeastern NY, in Franklin County, 20 minutes from the border with Quebec and Ontario.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Black cam covers, black headers, looks sweet!!! Where you located Joe?

Very nice transformation, Joe. The machine looks classy but tough, like a drunken sailor in his dress blues.
Seems like a lot of people die up there; be sure to ask about old motorcycles they may have tucked in their barns.;)

Why people have the nerve to die during riding season is beyond me! I like the sailor description of the bike. I served in the USAR for six years but the sailor comparo. hits it on the head.

Let me know when your comin' this way. Building a back deck on the house now, great place to crack open a few beers after a ride through the twisties.

Hedge

American Infidel
Fatha - I 100% agree with your interpretation of the dorky look with the headers and tips black and the mufflers chrome. It looks so much better all Black. The only exception is I have seen people who have blacked the pipes all the way and left the tips Chrome and I am a fan of that. I left the tips of my Preds Chrome. The bike looks good and it's always a pleasure to read your posts! Now go save some souls quickly so you can get out and ride this afternoon! :)

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Hedge, glad you agee, great minds think alike. I bet the chrome tips would look good. My tips aren't exactly "finished" at the ends since the hack job so I think all black is best.

Saved souls in ten minutes or less. It's a damn beautiful day, but I spent the afternoon outback splitting wood from the trees that fell on my property. Going now to look at a fireplace insert.

Will ride my bike there at least.