Kriega Luggage Review

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Hey Gang,

So, I haven't been around too much at all lately. Job loss, job gain, divorce, garage (she can have the house) loss etc have put my contributions on the back seat. However, I am still out riding my '08 Bonneville and making the best of life.

Last year, I rode from Toronto to Mexico and I was using a 4 yr old set of Cortech Tourmaster luggage with the seat, and saddle bags. By the end of the trip, the tourmaster had seen it's last roadtrip. Quite by accident while surfing youtube, I saw a Kriega tailpack. Upon further research, I decided to give it a try for this year's East Coast tour as they claim to be waterproof. I ended up picking up a 30l, a 20l, and a 10l bag. They aren't cheap, but apparently carry a guarantee. So...here is my review for anyone that may be looking:

My bike is a '08 Bonneville with a '68 seat and rear grab rail.
For this trip I used the 20l tailpack with the 10l piggybacked on top.
In the 30l I was able to fit:
3 boxers,
3 prs of thick socks,
4 tshirts,
1 flannel,
1 pr of high top Converse,
1 thick sweater,
1 two piece full rainsuit,
1 walking shorts,
1 swimshorts,
+ toiletries...

The Good: They are waterproof. We got 3 days of rain, and while others had to cover their luggage, I was good to as is...
Installing is easy on/off. You attach the loops to the bike, and use buckles and "hooks" to attach the luggage to the loops. The luggage attaches to each other the same way...
Size is adequate and the fact that you can attach (piggyback) smaller bags makes upsizing easy...
Company apparently stands behind their gear, I just hope I never have to find out

The Bad: Price, but you do get some quality bags...
Where as everyone else had a zipper and could easily access DIFFERENT parts of their luggage, these are duffle type bags. So some planning day by day needs to be done to pack effectively so you don't have to dump out the entire contents. ie cold and/or wet weather...
There is no clear section for maps etc.
...And I think that's it for the cons.

Bottom line:
These ARE waterproof. They are pricey, but the quality offsets the price. I will buy these again if ever need be.

8.5/10

I will TRY to add some pics as soon as I dl them from the trip.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Hey Gang,

So, I haven't been around too much at all lately. Job loss, job gain, divorce, garage (she can have the house) loss etc have put my contributions on the back seat. However, I am still out riding my '08 Bonneville and making the best of life.

Last year, I rode from Toronto to Mexico and I was using a 4 yr old set of Cortech Tourmaster luggage with the seat, and saddle bags. By the end of the trip, the tourmaster had seen it's last roadtrip. Quite by accident while surfing youtube, I saw a Kriega tailpack. Upon further research, I decided to give it a try for this year's East Coast tour as they claim to be waterproof. I ended up picking up a 30l, a 20l, and a 10l bag. They aren't cheap, but apparently carry a guarantee. So...here is my review for anyone that may be looking:

My bike is a '08 Bonneville with a '68 seat and rear grab rail.
For this trip I used the 20l tailpack with the 10l piggybacked on top.
In the 30l I was able to fit:
3 boxers,
3 prs of thick socks,
4 tshirts,
1 flannel,
1 pr of high top Converse,
1 thick sweater,
1 two piece full rainsuit,
1 walking shorts,
1 swimshorts,
+ toiletries...

The Good: They are waterproof. We got 3 days of rain, and while others had to cover their luggage, I was good to as is...
Installing is easy on/off. You attach the loops to the bike, and use buckles and "hooks" to attach the luggage to the loops. The luggage attaches to each other the same way...
Size is adequate and the fact that you can attach (piggyback) smaller bags makes upsizing easy...
Company apparently stands behind their gear, I just hope I never have to find out

The Bad: Price, but you do get some quality bags...
Where as everyone else had a zipper and could easily access DIFFERENT parts of their luggage, these are duffle type bags. So some planning day by day needs to be done to pack effectively so you don't have to dump out the entire contents. ie cold and/or wet weather...
There is no clear section for maps etc.
...And I think that's it for the cons.

Bottom line:
These ARE waterproof. They are pricey, but the quality offsets the price. I will buy these again if ever need be.

8.5/10

I will TRY to add some pics as soon as I dl them from the trip.

Do you have some pics of this luggage installed on your Bonnie?

KingBear

Hooligan
Good review, Ham'r. I also purchased the Kriega system this year, starting with the 20l. I easily packed for a three-day trip, and everything was completely secure. I'm planning to expand with the10l and 5l bags.

I highly recommend d the Kriega system. The quality is excellent, waterproofing is assured, and the modularity allows a high level of adaptability.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Good review, Ham'r. I also purchased the Kriega system this year, starting with the 20l. I easily packed for a three-day trip, and everything was completely secure. I'm planning to expand with the10l and 5l bags.

I highly recommend d the Kriega system. The quality is excellent, waterproofing is assured, and the modularity allows a high level of adaptability.

Do you have some pics?

I'd like to see how it looks on a Bonnie