Jetting, shim recommendations for Predator Exhausts

Hey all,

In the near future my Bonneville will be paid off and I plan on doing my first expensive mod of making it sound like a beast instead of a sewing machine.

I have decided to go with the Predator Exhaust but I am not sure what jet size, shims, how many turns on what screw etc. I would need for my carbs to make it run right

I do not intend to do the NARK mod because I do ride my Bonneville everyday regardless of rain, shine, dust storm, etc... so I do not want water or elements to go through the pod filters. I run regular grade gas (87 grade here in California) and do not want to have to upgrade the octane rating in doing so.

I live in San Diego, CA where the elevation ranges from sea level to 823 feet. I do take trips up to the mountains which reach elevations of 5500 feet (approximate elevation of Palomar Mountain) .

Anyone with first hand experience or anyone on here that can recommend someone to talk to regarding this?

I want to tackle working on the carbs myself.

Thanks

hankmarx

750cc
My '04 Bonnie Black has the NARK, and Predators. 150/ 42 on the jets 1 1/2 turns out.
I bought some waterproof panties for the air filters, I ride my bike wet or shine and no problems so far. I did the work myself with some help from Sweatmachine I think.

You can do it!

My '04 Bonnie Black has the NARK, and Predators. 150/ 42 on the jets 1 1/2 turns out.
I bought some waterproof panties for the air filters, I ride my bike wet or shine and no problems so far. I did the work myself with some help from Sweatmachine I think.

You can do it!

The 1 1/2 turns out is that from the idle mixture screw or the inside the float bowl?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I did the same thing; left my airbox alone because of the weather here in Japan and put on a set of predators. Just throw the slip-ons onto your bike and enjoy the sound. You don't need to re-jet if you leave the air flow alone. I just changed my plugs for the end of season and they looked perfect when compared to the guideline that the Haynes manual offers. This is a very easy add-on for you if all you want to do is throw on the slip-ons.

Craigore

TT Racer
I don't know about the others who run K&N pods, but I've ridden 500 miles at a time in the rain WITHOUT the outerwears (yes it sucks) with no problems.