its almost time

rodburner

Rocker
The day after Thanksgiving,that is. No "black Friday' bullshit for us this year. The wife and I are heading to Las Vegas in the early AM on Friday. Staying at the Flamingo for the first 2 days,then on over to the condo that my dad is giving us for the next 7 days. Its been a year and a half since our last trip and I`m totally psyched to sit back and relax,gamble some,eat a lot and basically relax after dealing with all her medical issues these last 12 months. Even planning on getting my first tattoo....:cheer:

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Tattoo tip:

DO NOT get one on vacation. Wait until you are home, and you can pick your artist out more carefully, and at your leisure. And if anything needs retouching, it's a 5 min drive, not a 5 hour flight, or whatever the distance is for you. And odds are it will be cheaper closer to home.

If you are set on getting a tattoo while in LV, then do so near the end of your trip. Fresh ink should NOT be soaked in water and/or sun. Getting it done at the start of your trip, you will limit your activities for the rest of your trip which most likely put a damper on things.

Other than that, have a blast.

KingBear

Hooligan
As they say, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." I can vouch for this because I travel there frequently, and sure enough every time I go I find my prior sins right where I left them just waiting to be taken up again. :D

Have fun!

normandy

Street Tracker
Tattoo tip:

DO NOT get one on vacation. Wait until you are home, and you can pick your artist out more carefully, and at your leisure. And if anything needs retouching, it's a 5 min drive, not a 5 hour flight, or whatever the distance is for you. And odds are it will be cheaper closer to home.

If you are set on getting a tattoo while in LV, then do so near the end of your trip. Fresh ink should NOT be soaked in water and/or sun. Getting it done at the start of your trip, you will limit your activities for the rest of your trip which most likely put a damper on things.

Other than that, have a blast.

Good advice that, relax and dream of something you can chop off your ride when you get home.

nohawk

Rocker
Have a good time down there man and if you have the tattoo you want in mind then there some real good shops in Vegas. I wish I was going

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks Hawk.I`m quite the pussy,so my "tat" is just going to be 5 words to tell my wife how much she means to me. No elaborate Yakuza artwork or anything,just simple stuff.Its been raining here for a damn month,and while I enjoy sitting on my porch and listening/watching it come down,I dread having to work out in it.Everything just turns to shit when its wet.[You know this]
I`ve got a line on the tat shop from reading over on the JockeyJournal and I`ve been assured by my daughter and son in law that it won`t kill me or preclude me from being a greeter at Walmart when the International is done fucking us over.:crazy:

nohawk

Rocker
Words that really mean something are always good,Ive rained out or mudded out a few times here in NW Ark, and crossed a 798 picket line for the 1st time in OK,crazy shit. Id LOVE to get out West and stay there.. you guys will have a great time out there this time o year. Oh and happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
Finally made it home this morning,3 days later than planned,after a 19 hour,straight through drive in my daughters Cherokee.[she drove down,alone,the same way] Spent the last 5 days there,in the hospital,sitting with the wife,after she tripped and fell,breaking her back in 4 places.Fuck vacations,I`ll just stick to grinding up my bike on the weekends.She is braced up good,stoned out of her mind and won`t be doing ANYTHING for 6 to 8 weeks.THEN,maybe,surgery.

nohawk

Rocker
DAMN BRO!? That sucks ass, I bet your nursing your wife and tending to he every need right now. In the long run that'll mean more then some "getaway". I know yall were looking forward to the trip and Im bummed for you guys, my prayers are with you guys. Positive attitude cures a lot of ailments so tell her to keep her chin up.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
...Spent the last 5 days in the hospital, sitting with the wife after she tripped and fell, breaking her back in 4 places. ...She is braced up good, stoned out of her mind and won`t be doing ANYTHING for 6 to 8 weeks.THEN, maybe, surgery.

Steve, you have my sympathies and best wishes to you and your wife. Let's pray for a speedy and complete recovery.
GREG

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Sucks that your vacation plans got screwed, but what do you do? Take care of that women and things will come around!

D9

Vendor
Steve... that's awful... sorry as hell to hear of it. Damn damn damn!
Broken in four places... sounds like down a flight of stairs... mega OUCH.
Hope she heals up fast as possible - she has a good caretaker no doubt.
Just keep your hands off those stainless steel braces - those are for HER, not
the Rodbobber. At least for now. And I'm right in there with you... my wife goes in for major back surgery in a couple of days... she'll be wearing new hardware for awhile as well...

So sorry to hear about your misfortune - talk about bad timing. Keep your chin up and best wishes to the missus for a speedy & complete recovery.

Cheers,

Pikey.