iphone interfering with wireless router

koifarm

Hooligan
I just got a new apple iphone 4Gs and am enjoying the technology to the max.
I recently discovered that the iphone will interfere with my wireless router (at&t) on my desktop (Dell running Windows XP) when the phone is within 20 feet of the router. It seems to take about five to ten minutes but the router will kick itself off the ethernet and all the lights blink on the router, it will eventually shut itself off, come back on for a second or three and shut itself off again.
If you turn the iphone off, it goes back to normal and wireless is just fine.
If the iphone is 25-35 feet away, as in the yard outside or in the front room (about 30 feet from the office) it works just fine.
I've looked on the net but there's not much out there, granted a few with similar problems but nothing from either Apple or any of the iphone forums as to a fix for it nor are there any solutions to the problem apparent on the internet.

henrys

Street Tracker
Call at&t and request they give you a new router. I personally have never seen (or heard) of that problem. If your router is truly rebooting itself it's likely an issue with the router not your phone.

koifarm

Hooligan
And watch....if your 4g is on the bonne won't start....make sure you turn off the 4g before you turn the key.
LMT

Thks Stroker, I did ride the other day with my new phone, believe it or not there's an app out there to jack up your tuning on the Triumphs...you can actually get 130 mph out of a stock bike by using it....when you're in fourth gear, you hit #43 on the phone and you get an instant surge of extra power on the bike. .......:ride:

strokerlmt

Thks Stroker, I did ride the other day with my new phone, believe it or not there's an app out there to jack up your tuning on the Triumphs...you can actually get 130 mph out of a stock bike by using it....when you're in fourth gear, you hit #43 on the phone and you get an instant surge of extra power on the bike. .......:ride:

Wow....that is fantastic....thx for the tip....my 3g is old so I am going to up grade asap.
LMT

strokerlmt

:brit_tit: Oops, sorry BJ, no tits on the iphone.....well, ya know us old geezers have a hard time with new technology....

:w

I think you can get tits through the net on your phone. The problem would be that the screen is so small for someone my age. I believe Apple make a clip on magnifying bigger screen makker.
LMT