I'm so pissed off at the weather

Bob80220

Scooter
Just got back from a nice 2 1/2 hour ride around the city...temp was in the mid 50's and sunny. Not bad for December 10... Monday and Tuesday is forecasted for the 60's...no need to winterize yet and hopefully won't have to.

Bob

Eggman66

Scooter
Well... Here's the forecast in St. Paul, MN. Copied from KSTP TV.
Blizzard and Winter Storm Warnings are covering a large part of central and southern Minnesota for Friday night and Saturday. This storm has the potential to be the strongest of the season so far. Heavy snow, strong winds, and extremely cold air will combine to make travel difficult if not dangerous in many areas through the early afternoon on Saturday. It still looks as though we'll get around 10 to 14 inches to accumulate by Saturday afternoon in the Twin Cities metro area with over 16 inches possible in a few areas just to the northeast of the metro in northwestern Wisconsin.

Some of you (frozen) bros might not want to hear this but it's the start of the cool/dry season here - daytime temps of 25-28 C, nighttime 14-17, everything is green from the rainy season, visibility in the mountains is 20KM+ and life is fucking good! :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

monty

Street Tracker
No snow Monty? What are you going to do? It must be boring for you to ride on plain dry pavement with temps above 0.:yawn:

Ironically Mark, now we have dry roads, the 500 is playing up so just keeping it going is fun and games. Keep sucking s**t into the carb from a tank that is not as clean as I thought.
Never mind, am now able to strip the carb blindfolded whilst under enemy fire.

Always a positive.

The Bonnie, after the snow ride, has been cleaned and laid up over December and January. I'm going to do a few jobs and generally take stock, treat to a good service and generally say thank you.

Monty.

mark66

TT Racer
Ironically Mark, now we have dry roads, the 500 is playing up so just keeping it going is fun and games. Keep sucking s**t into the carb from a tank that is not as clean as I thought.
Never mind, am now able to strip the carb blindfolded whilst under enemy fire.

Always a positive.

The Bonnie, after the snow ride, has been cleaned and laid up over December and January. I'm going to do a few jobs and generally take stock, treat to a good service and generally say thank you.

Monty.

Sounds like a good plan for your Bonnie, Monty. I'm working on mine in my cellar, along with storing both BSA's. Unfortunately for my son's Ducati my "shop" is to small to fit in another bike so it's out in the garage with a battery tender plugged in.

Ever think of adding an inline fuel filter to your 500? With a clear one you could see how much crap your getting from the tank. Just a thought. :cheers:

phil

Street Tracker
we'll you guys can going me up in canada were its a balmy -22c with a -28c windchill. fun fun..lol

mark66

TT Racer
I feel your pain Phil.....I've got nothing to complain about here compared to you. Spring is just around the corner......oh yeah, its a long corner!!!

monty

Street Tracker
Sounds like a good plan for your Bonnie, Monty. I'm working on mine in my cellar, along with storing both BSA's. Unfortunately for my son's Ducati my "shop" is to small to fit in another bike so it's out in the garage with a battery tender plugged in.

Ever think of adding an inline fuel filter to your 500? With a clear one you could see how much crap your getting from the tank. Just a thought. :cheers:

I've fitted one Mark but can't see what's going through. I think I'll change it. I'm getting very fine particles into the float bowl, almost dust like. I'm off out on it this morning but will drain the float bowl first for a look see.
Running very rich, as the float sticks.
It's annoying more than anything else as the motor is lovely and pulls like a train.
However I'm quite happy at the moment with just the Bonnie and the single to worry about.
I've just realised I've sold four bikes this year and, I must admit, am enjoying the space.
Now what can I fill it with................................................

Monty.

phil

Street Tracker
I feel your pain Phil.....I've got nothing to complain about here compared to you. Spring is just around the corner......oh yeah, its a long corner!!!

yep. a long corner.. I had a dream about riding the other night, I think my bonnie is having nightmares. lol. its was cold enough , tonight when I got grocery I hit our car with the shopping cart and put a hole in the bumper..fck.. I'll have to wait till the spring to fix it..lol.. if I have time, I need to make it up to the bonnie first..lol.. cheers mate.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yesterday the sander truck came through lights flashing, spreading salt and sand on the road like a priest scattering ashes, marking the final end of good riding around here, a funeral procession for riding season 2010.

oldmanjob

Scooter
Would love 50, as it is 17 in the sunny south, this morning and looking out my window

Attachments

• DSCN1492.jpg
    DSCN1492.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1493.jpg
    DSCN1493.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1494.jpg
    DSCN1494.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0

Bob80220

Scooter
Just rode for 3 1/2 hours up into the canyons...temps here in the city are in the mid 60's...up in the foothills it was mid 50's. December 13 and the weather has been very nice for riding a couple of days a week so far...tomorrow is forecasted to be the same....Wahoooooo!!!!!

Bob

Bob80220

Scooter
Hey Bob.....NICE! Keep it up as long as you can.

I'm sure going to do what I can Mark... although typically we do get some decent days to ride over the Winter here, this year has been exceptionally nice!!! I am getting out 2-3 days a week....

Bob

DandyDoug

750cc
I usually ride all winter except when it's icy. This year I have not been as faithful as usual and actually added some Stabil to my gas tank today.
Man it's cold here in NC. !!!

fender

Street Tracker
I went for my last ride of the year over the weekend on my way to store the bike for the winter. It felt good to ride but was damn cold at 35. I guess I'm a more fair weathered rider, mid 40's and up and I'm happy.

LINDY

Two Stroke
Another beautiful day in paradise today. High temp 81, and while eating dinner tonight I had to go outside to verify what I was hearing. The freakin Ice Cream Truck was cruising the neighborhood, and he actually got stopped and had 4 customers:headbang2:

Bob80220

Scooter
I rode around the city today for over 4 hours...temperature in the Mile Hi City was 73 degrees on December 14!!! Sadly it looks like tomorrow night we will get a taste of Winter as 3-6 inches of snow is forecasted. I guess I might have to take a break for a couple of days....

Bob

KingBear

Hooligan
Woke to a light dusting of snow this morning, freezing temps making it icy, and winds making it miserable.

Shit.