I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

aleonet100

Two Stroke
Bath day

Sunday was bath day for the Bonnie. I'm running out of room for more chrome. Saw someone recently with a chrome kickstand. Need one.

Attachments

• shot_1305489759525copy3.jpg
    shot_1305489759525copy3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0

Skidmark

Scooter
Re Bath day

Aleonet100, you still have the fork lowers that could be polished and does anyone sell chrome headlamp ears?

Skiddy

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Talking chrome like that scares me.

An old Harley saying is "if it breaks make it bigger. If it sticks out, chrome it."

aleonet100

Two Stroke
Well after a year of rehab the 67 is ready for the “I’ll show you yours if you show me mine” thread instead of “The Project Zone.”

Took off just about everything except for the engine to thoroughly clean 44 years worth of grime. Changed all of the fluids of course. Took apart the carbs several times and got those clean as a whistle. New fuel lines, plugs, gaiters, exhaust pipes, tubes and tires. Seat padding replaced. (With layers of carpet padding for now. Shhh…don’t tell anyone.) Fork fluid replenished from dry. Various washers/gaskets replaced to stop the drips. Brakes as good as new. (Which isn’t saying much.) Carbs synced and timing tuned by my Yoda like mechanic. One kick and we’re off.

Lots left to do over time but for now “Larry” (named after the original owner) is fully road worthy. Even made its first commute to the train station last Friday. Very cool way to start the day.

Attachments

• IMAG0373copy.jpg
    IMAG0373copy.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0374copy.jpg
    IMAG0374copy.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0

slowgator

750cc
Great job! I had bars like that on my '70 T120R and needless to say wish I still had it. Easy to see this was a labor of love for you! :ride:

D9

Vendor
+1... great work... gorgeous classic Bonnie... a rider, not a trailer queen... congrats
and enjoy :)

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Bonnielass would be SO jealous... she's trying to make her '07 look like a '67 because she claims that *she* is a '67 model... I'm not buying it!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
If you can't beat 'em...join 'em

Got to Japan about a year ago and brought the Creamsicle with me. Then I was looking at about a 4 grand bill to get my baby through the government import/emmissions tests so I said screw that!!! I love me Bonnies but that is pushing it! So gave my 06 Bonnie gentle pat on her backside and went out and bought an '07 to put beside her. Might seem odd to some but in my case it makes sense...I can sell this bike back at the end of my tour and not be out the 4 grand to the government, I stay on a Bonnie, and I already have all the parts that I need/want. Life is back to being good!

IMG_4098.jpg

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
That is the low cafe handlebar from NewBonneville:

http://www.newbonneville.com/html/low_cafe_bars.html

One of my biggest gripes with the stock Bonnies are the handlebars; they put me way too far up and my arms in tight together. I'm 6'5" @230 so I needed something wider and with less pull back. Most people 6'0" and under that have tried this bar do not care for it because it really stretches you over the tank and it is wide. For myself though, it basically lets me have the set up that a stock bar allows others

the cafe bar:

Rise: 2.5"
Pullback: 5"
Center: 4.75"
Width: 32.5"

The bar is perfect for me and you might like it depending on what you want. If you are switching from clip-ons, then you might like it but like I said, they are wide. Here are some other shots to give you an idea:

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Sure thing...anytime. You might like it though considering you are looking to make a switch from clip-ons. I don't know about you but I took a broom stick with a tape measure and basically scaled it out the best I could with the measurements for the bars I was interested in. Good luck with it.

mfriend

Scooter
My 2010 T100 Black and Lady friend

Down by St. Lawrence River on Ontario side..... New York State in the background...

Attachments

• shannon and bike.jpg
    shannon and bike.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0

Nick Morey

Rocker
100_0265a-1.jpg

New York side looking back to Ontario. Sorry no bike or lady, but I was on my bike when I took the picture, lol.

Last edited: