I get to keep my bike.

hankmarx

750cc
It is common for me to work 4 months , have a month off, work another 5 months, have 3 weeks off. but this has been ridiculous. I have been unemployed since last November. I had planned to go to the Salt Flats here at the end of the month, and then sell my bike. Well, I don't get to go to the Salt, because

I SCORED ANOTHER GIG! THANK GOD!!!:headbang2:

I start work Monday, 4 and 1/2 months, I get to keep my union health insurance, it's like a black cloud lifted off me.

It's a remake of an 80's action pic, kind of a prequel.

For all those out there under an unemployed, chin up. I wish the best for you.:kiss:

Last edited:

sanjuro

Two Stroke
good to hear man, it's been a tough ride trying to get my career started in production. i'm thinking of heading back to school to finish out a degree.

congrats Mark! I know it couldn't have come any sooner. I'm glad the black cloud is gone. I'd hate to see you lose your ride.

We need to meet up at Jo's soon, you can tell me all about it.

I still need to find a job :(

nohawk

Rocker
Good Deal.. Im glad stuff turned around for you, hope things turn around for everyone thats in a rut.

mikenva

Rocker
happy for you.things must be ruff in texas these days.Seams like I see alot of people out of work there.Times are not good here ether but seam to be better then you guys have it.

I hate this summer! I've been laid off for almost 2 months now and it's too fucking hot and I'm too broke to ride anywhere. This is my 3rd time in 18 months to be laid off.

nohawk

Rocker
I hate this summer! I've been laid off for almost 2 months now and it's too fucking hot and I'm too broke to ride anywhere. This is my 3rd time in 18 months to be laid off.

At least your in Austin and there is stuff to do for cheap. Ive been on workers comp due to some dumbass welder throwing a oxygen bottle into my ankle. The Doc is gonna release me on 9/01 but the company is not calling me back when I ask about work after my release. Guess my fragile ankle is too much of a liability for them. Good luck dude,things got to turn around soon.

hankmarx

750cc
It's a crazy world out there. fellas. Since starting on Tuesday, I have been promoted once and have had two other job offers. When it rains it pours.

You will find work Jeff, or work will find you.

thanks guys. Now, it's Friday, I don't have to go to work, it's 9am so it's still relatively cool out, I'm going for a ride!

TheBBR

Scooter
"I'ma get you high today. 'Cause it's Friday...you ain't got no job...and you ain't got shit to do!"
-Smokey

Couldn't resist a Friday quote. I hope the job market looks up for you Sweat, and in the meantime I hope you have a good ride.

"I'ma get you high today. 'Cause it's Friday...you ain't got no job...and you ain't got shit to do!"
-Smokey

Couldn't resist a Friday quote. I hope the job market looks up for you Sweat, and in the meantime I hope you have a good ride.

haha I love that movie. Thanks man! It was a nice ride.