How many posts can a thread have before S3Chris flames somebody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, the way i see it is that all of us here would buy one another a beer if we met. All poking fun and ribbing one another is in good taste and meant as a joke, but I'm sure we can all be wankers on occasion.

+1
Both guys have provided me no end of good advice. And loss of either would be sad. But praise to the Dude also. In a pub situation we generally sort our probs with no moderator. And at least on this forum we can peretty well do the same thing.
Shit happens and we get over it

Bonafide

NBR founder
Dude...tell you what. How 'bout we play it this way. I basically come here to talk motorcycles, build the site's technical information base...read my posts in the Project Zone if interested...and help others if I can...and have a few laughs along the way.

I've read your posts, George ... you can be a dick. Sometimes funny, sometimes helpful, bunch of times you're just a dick.

If there is a substantial group that don't want me here, I will stay off.
Please let me know what you think.
PS: Now we can have some real fun and see if Blue J wants to finish what he's started. How about we put to a blind vote of Blue J versus me? One of us must go. Let the membership here decide. I'm fine with that as well and let forum members choose whose posts they would prefer to read.

Problem is, this forum aint a democracy. It's not ruled by the consensus view. I own it. I make the decision of who stays and who goes. One of the main issues at hand is you didnt stay gone when I booted you once before for being a dick. Just by re-registering violates my forum rules. For the rest of the group following along, Speed3Chris was previously registered here as biker7. I banned him and he showed back up. I've been letting you access because it seemed like you were making an effort to play nice for a while, but I suppose it's in your subconscious nature to be a douchebag.

My advice,(if you want to stay here) take this thread as a public announcement that you're being a dick again and do something about it ...
... like chill.

1)Problem is, this forum aint a democracy. It's not ruled by the consensus view. I own it. I make the decision of who stays and who goes. ------------2)One of the main issues at hand is you didnt stay gone when I booted you once before for being a dick. Just by re-registering violates my forum rules.---------------3)I suppose it's in your subconscious nature to be a douchebag.

1) Without your efforts concerning NBR, I doubt that this forum would be of the qulity it is, little on exist. You have the right to make that decision. I know!

2) You'd be perfectly correct to ban chris again but, you have given him another chance, as you did me ( O,BTW thanks).

3)A douchebag to one person may be a real cool/mellow dude to another. There are no two people in this world that have the same personality. It's very hard, if not impossible to tell where someones head is at when comments are made on forums like this. We don't know the circumstances they grew up in nor what has happened to them recently that could effect the way they communicate with others. Give people the benefit of the doubt, I (almost) always say!

My first thought about this thread was that it was opened good naturedly. I got a few chuckles out of it, at first, but as I read further into it, I would like to see it locked before it goes to far and people who have some good info to contribute to this forum get their feelings hurt or are "excommunicated".

COME ON PEOPLE, PUT ON YOUR BIG PERSONS UNDERWEAR, and don't let little unimportant things like this drag down a very fine forum!!!!!!! Say what ya got to say as best you can. Read what is posted with an open mind and if you feel slighted, just remember that old kids line "WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME"

PUULLLLEEEEEEZE, DUDE, DON'T BAN ME;-)

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
There seems to be a lot of thin skin in this thread. It's just words and like Sweat sez, read it or not. No big deal... just try to be polite and if not polite, be at least civil.

I like you guys both. I know recently Speed3Chris gave me an awesome tip about dropping the forks 8mm to get my Bonnie a little bit more nibly without sacrificing straight line stability.

MES

750cc
I'm staying out of this one. I'm in no position to throw stones.

I know there's been many a time when the Dude has face palmed after reading one of my posts. I can imagine that a few people here have put me on the ignore list.

I've had a long, long, long internet presence and I've seen this time and time again.

use emoticons to give the reader a clue. Humor doesn't translate well to the written word.
Play nice.
Use the preview feature before you post. ask yourself, "do I really want to post that?"
Try and be helpful when you can.
Honest debate is good up until it turn ugly. Then see rule #1.
Don't post while drunk. It really doesn't work.
Try working it out between yourselves through the PM system before you go to the mod/min
Don't start a "your A douche" thread. It just makes things worse. Use the Ignore feature. It works.
It take two to fight. Both partys are douches.
Don't be thin skinned or wear your heart on your sleeve.
If you screw up, man up. Say your sorry.

This place is so loose and easy that there really isn't a reason to get banned.
If you are banned, consider that a very strong hint.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
I've read your posts, George ... you can be a dick. Sometimes funny, sometimes helpful, bunch of times you're just a dick.

Problem is, this forum aint a democracy. It's not ruled by the consensus view. I own it. I make the decision of who stays and who goes. One of the main issues at hand is you didnt stay gone when I booted you once before for being a dick. Just by re-registering violates my forum rules. For the rest of the group following along, Speed3Chris was previously registered here as biker7. I banned him and he showed back up. I've been letting you access because it seemed like you were making an effort to play nice for a while, but I suppose it's in your subconscious nature to be a douchebag.
My advice,(if you want to stay here) take this thread as a public announcement that you're being a dick again and do something about it ...
... like chill.
That pretty much says it. Honestly, who wants to be a member someplace where they aren't wanted?....why I proposed a vote. Quite right, you own the forum and set the rules and the tone.
As to before, I thought it was mostly a misunderstanding and why I tried again. I was mistaken. You confirm I don't belong here.
Thanks to you guys who stuck up for me and I wish you the best...

Last edited:
I have no interest in what went on in the past, but in Bonafide's last post he said "if you want to stay here" that isn't being banned. Hang about, things will cool down.

Bob80220

Scooter
Clearly, a lot of people here have way too much time on their hands...It is too bad, but somewhat typical, of how a thread can get way out of hand and a valued forum member gets run by members and the moderator...the reality is the forum ultimately suffers if Speed3Chris gets bumped or leaves...total bullshit is my take on this ridiculous thread...

Bob

em_dot

Street Tracker
Just Stop!

Dude,

Would you please just delete this whole thread? It contributes nothing.

Unbelievable! [shakes head and walks away]

Bonafide

NBR founder
George ... are you sure you want to poke me? I'm taking your reply as you do not want take my advice ... so be it.

It was your choice, dick boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.