How many miles/mods this year?

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I picked my bike up in March of this year. In that time I have ridden 5100 miles, which may not sound like a lot but for the first few months of ownership my rides were mostly just putting around getting used to the new machine, also I couldn't ride to work until I completed the MSF course in August!

The mods started right away with the purchase of Naps (the lollipop mirrors had to go), then UJ choke knob and license plate bolts, then some GT grips (just like my bros old 74 tiger had), then the gel thrux seat (cant tell much diff between it and stock), airbox removal, new pipes, new shocks, new springs in the forks (everything lowered an 1"), then finally the stock tailight and blinkers got the nix (as well as about 5 inches of my rear fender). I think thats about it, cant wait till the next mod starts, those fork lowers are really bothering me now!!

So how was your year on the bike and what have you done to her?:shh:

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
I picked mine up in June (first bike ever), so I was limited to taking short trips and learning to ride, but so far I've put around 4000 miles on it. Now it's pretty much too cold to ride :( So far, I've taken out the AI, put in a Polaris Bellmouth, added a UNI filter, replaced the clutch handle since it broke when I fell once, added a NewBonneville oil temp guage, tool free seat bolts, a bonneville flyscreen (that I want to replace with a Thruxton screen) and rotated the stock bars down as much as I could. I also have bought a set of D&D 2 into 2 pipes and a dynojet kit that I want to put on but haven't had the time and cooperative weather to put on. Hopefully I'll get the money to get a set of M bars or Ace bars and some rear sets, and I want to put together a custom cafe seat with some storage space in it.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Got mine close to the first of the year and am sittin at 10500 miles
Preds, lots of stuff painted black, DIY airbox delete, rear fender delete,
Lowered gauges, some other stuff . . . This bike is way fun

ggRAT

Street Tracker
My modifications made in 2008...
1. Installed NAPOLEON BAR END MIRRORS from British Customs
2. Installed FLUSH MOUNT GAS CAP from British Customs
3. Mounted second PIRELLI SCORPION SYNC rear tire, 180/55-17
4. Replaced HOSE CLAMPS and red rubber tips from Jamestown Distributors
5. Installed STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED CABLES for throttle, F/R brake, and clutch
6. Reroute control wires through the handlebars
7. Replace fuel line with RUBY RED from Mooneyes
8. Replace stock grips with BIG V GRIPS from local Yamaha shop
9. Installed VEYPOR VR2 with magnetic M8 bolt
10. Installed CENTECH AP-1 FUSE PANEL ($55) and custom relay kit
11. Replaced seat and side cover bolts with SARGENT FAST ACCESS PINS. (My favorite!!)
12. Reprogrammed igniter via TRIUMPH TWIN POWER
13. Replaced chain and sprockets with RK X-CHAIN from Triumph Performance USA
14. Installed CRUISE CONTROL from BrakeAway Products
(Check signature for modificiations made in prior years.)

Miles on the Bonnie this year will approximate 5,000 miles)

Attachments

• Right Side Cover.jpg
    Right Side Cover.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Underseat-.jpg
    Underseat-.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Ruby Fuel Line.jpg
    Ruby Fuel Line.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Right Grip2.jpg
    Right Grip2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

zmilin

Street Tracker
In my second year of ownership:
Miles this year were somewhere in the 7,000-8,000 mile range for a grand total of just over 13,000.
Mods (that I can remember) in the last year:
  • Hard Bags
  • Shortened turn signal stems
  • Reworked gunfighter seat by Rich's
  • LED turn signals in stock housings
  • Turn signal lenses darkened (I dont know if this is going to stay)
  • Chrome brake res cap (front) w/ Union Jack sticker
  • Triumph Mirrors
  • Tri bar headlight and spotlights by Adjure
  • New style engine bars
  • Triumph highway pegs
  • FINALLY found a way to dress up that nasty shifter arm
  • I built a rack for luggage that I can easily remove

All this got me some recognition up at Nelson too.

Unfinished projects
  • Smooth tank

It was also lowered with Progressive 412s and recently brought back up with Progressive 440s.

Thats all I did this year....but theres another one coming soon. :shh:

Attachments

• tint.jpg
    tint.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • Stems and LEDs.jpg
    Stems and LEDs.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 0
  • smooooth.jpg
    smooooth.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Shift linkage.jpg
    Shift linkage.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
  • seat and rack.jpg
    seat and rack.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Mirrors.jpg
    Mirrors.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2688706001_3b3ea93dd5.jpg
    2688706001_3b3ea93dd5.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Due to circumstances I wasn't able to get miles on the Black this year. only about 300, but I'm hoping to make up for it next Summer. I've got all the mods I feel I need. Tach, TORs, barends, centerstand, wrenchless seat bolts and side panel bolts, flyscreen, battery tender, and shocks.
Bonnie-Kirky.jpg

regal403

Two Stroke
Due to some difficult-to-diagnose carb problems (a leaf stuck in the left main jet, go figure), I didn't put on as many miles this year as I did last year.

March 2007 to November 2008:
7500 miles

December 2007 to February 2008:
500 miles

March 2008 to November 2008:
6100 miles

I did a few mods.

R

rndtaylor

about 15,000 miles this year, with half my year spent out of the country. no real mods yet, other than cleaning up the look of the taillights, but I am out of warranty in january, so they can start then.

5,000 miles
CBR F3 fork swap
KYB piggyback shocks from a Kawi ZRX 1200 (canister painted black metallic)
LSL Steering Damper
M-Bars
Rizoma Black Anodized urine cup
Airbox removal with K&Ns
Powder coated headlight bucket, gauge panel, carb tops, m-bars
Lowered headlight and gauges
Reworked sidecar mounts
CRGs

IMG_8109.jpg

2008: The usual 3000 miles or so.

New Pirelli Sport Demons, Staintunes/rejet/Thrux needles, Uni air filter in/snorkel out, LEDs in gauges and idiot lights, added compass (retro GPS). Also replaced the rear brake light switch.

2009: Bob the rear fender, install blue front brake line, maybe do something with the tail light and turn signals. Also do the valves adjustment and play with air and jetting.

Last edited:

innominate

Street Tracker
got my bonnie 8-16-07 w/584 miles on her. my 1st bike. she now has 13800 on the clock.

D9 dual oem ign relo bracket w/LEDs added to idiot lights, speedo and tach
shorty fenders with some custom paint
NB lucas tail light and bullet indicators w/thruxton bracket up front
ZRX shocks
jesus nut clock
Napoleon barends

slobinski

Scooter
Brought mine home in early February. 4107 miles as of today, including a trouble-free 1100 mile ride through the far corners of eastern Oregon back in September. TOR's, AI removed, 19 tooth countershaft sprocket, Renntech rack, hardwired Garmin GPS, Metzeler Tourances, fork gaiters, Triumph summer screen, center stand, and other minor fiddling. Great fun! This bike is likely to soak up another paycheck or two in gadgets and mods, and I don't think I'll mind at all.

hankmarx

750cc
I bought my 04 last July with 4100 miles and Preds. Since then ;
Nark, CRG barend mirrors, M bars, Icon rear shocks. progressive front springs, bullet light kit, Alum gas cap, oil temp gauge, gaiters, grips, xenon bulb, a new battery, redid my seat, 2 Metzlers and my jetting is 145, 42, 1 1/2 turns out. The mileage is at 17468.

Best purchase I have made in years.

GuyM

Street Tracker
Got the 2006 Scrambler brand new a year ago and have about 6,100 fun miles on it now. Mods have been on the practical side, rather than for more fun:

Triumph flyscreen
Metzler Tourance tires
Ventura rack/pack system & Cortech tank bag

IMG_0226.jpg

In the coming year I'll likely do the usual airbox, jet, and pipe changes, maybe swap the gearing a bit too. The Scrambler has been remarkably useful on dirt roads and back roads. A heck of a lot more fun than driving my 4x4 pickup too!

Last edited: