Hot Rod Thruxton. . because of impatience.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Now the new brakes won't bleed, and I've replaced the clutch cover gasket again. leaking again.

I'm just so pissed off and disheartened at this point.

strokerlmt

"press on" mate……my clutch cover gasket is leaking as well and I don't want to tighten the bolts anymore. So ordered a new one and will change next oil change. I am still running with a great 6 pot Beringer front brake and and back brake that will not bleed out….. (*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$%^&*
LMT

Roger

Street Tracker
All I can say is keep on it. It's a kicker but you will get it sorted. After all the other crap that you have had to deal with, this should not stop you. I can't offer any advice on this because I haven't had to deal with the brakes... yet!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
It's about damn time. Again.

Well after a debacle with foot pegs and leaks and brake bleeding. We're back on the road.:kiss::cheer:

Old and busted, vs the new hotness. Courtesy of LMT

1DBE4203-3904-44BF-8FB5-4F17D2A32C6C_zpsgvqgr7zn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The second clutch cover gasket, the holes were pre drilled wrong so unbeknownst to me i ended up screwing through the gasket. entirely fresh oil. I was aggravated. :mad2:
27794037-DD44-46C5-BF93-9DC8A65B222A_zpstitnkax0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here you can see the scrapes on the underside of the exhaust from when I was running track days with her.
263386BC-C6C1-4A84-88B4-CC702F896405_zpsgjc0go2y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thruxton in the wild

0185D83E-6EA0-4CB6-9535-AAB221A54A6A_zpsiousvihc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Cheers y'all, appreciate the kind words of encouragement. Some days stuff can just catch ya at the wrong moment, almost like it's just kicking you while you are down. I reckon that's where I was. Lucky for my I have good friends. I believe what i said exactly to one of my mates that came by was

"It's as if I'm captain of the SS Shit-Salad sailing the bullshit ocean"

It's amazing what ills a ride can cure. To be honest, I'm not sure the ride could be any sweeter strictly because of what I've gone through to get this girl back on the road.

Cheers to everyone and Be Lucky.

Now to get her fully broken in!

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Texas94fs

Thanks for sharing your Thruxton journey. I just read through this thread series. Very fascinating stuff. I've had similar feelings and experiences which I have chronicled on my personal blog site at http://triumphbonneville.org.

Now that I administer this NBR discussion forum, I'm excited to be sharing with a larger group of Bonneville buffs, and look forward to learning a lot more!

Randy

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Cheers RBirkey

I actually just moved to Seattle, WA. Took her for her first long proper ride since the motor build and break in. About 5 hours of good riding, many twisties and varied elevation. I will say she needs a proper dyno tune, I think she's on the lean side. However, she did quite well in the corners. . .realllllllllly well.