Homemade vintage glass fuel filters

brass

Two Stroke
Some of you have expressed an interest in the "Jim Beam" shot glass fuel filter I have on my America, So I made some!

Here's the ones ready now:

The ONLY Harley Davidson one
P1010433-1.jpg

Normal sized ones;

Kid Rock, American Bad ass

P1010417-1.jpg

Truckers favorite
P1010406-1.jpg

Texas Hold'em
P1010394-2.jpg

Canadian Maple Leaf (I think)
P1010388-2.jpg

More "Maple Leafs"
P1010414-1.jpg

"All Gave Some, Some Gave All"
P1010396-1.jpg

Coke like "I Enjoy Vagina"
P1010392-2.jpg

Custom "Swirl"
P1010385-2.jpg

The following are SMALL ones, better suited to smaller bikes with less room;

"Triumph"
P1010001.jpg

"Triumph" on British Flag
P1010004.jpg

"Harley Davidson"
P1010433-1.jpg

And last, but certainly not least,the "Jim Beam Two Hundred Year Anniversary"
P1010419-1.jpg

All have been wire brushed, have new gaskets, and have been leak tested.
The "Shot Glass" ones are printed, the "small" ones are metal badges, and the "Jim Beam" one is embossed glass with painted letters.
All will be the afore mentioned $85 for now, for members here, but will be on ebay for considerably much more in a few weeks.
ALL COME WITH A LIFETIME GUARANTEE (IF you can find me later)
Hell, their already over a half century old!!!

And remember, if you send me ANY shot glass YOU have, I'll make SOMETHING work.

Peace,
Erle

brass

Two Stroke
I'll sell YOU one, for YOUR personnal use, for $85, plus shipping, plus 4% for PayPal. (personal checks, money orders, cashier checks, cash @ no additional fee).

See what your mark-up could be, and I'll sell you all others for $125, plus S&H and PayPal fee.

For $400 & costs, I'll INCLUDE a genuine old pair of faded & torn Levi demin blue jeans! :headbang2:

Let me know.

Peace,
Erle.

brass

Two Stroke
Here's the newest ones:

Veitnam infintrymen, this one in gold, and one in silver.

P1010010.jpg

Shovelhead

P1010003-4.jpg

"Trucker mud flap girl silouete. This one in gold, and one in silver.

P1010021.jpg

Old hippy Peace sign.

P1010020.jpg

Maltese Cross.

P1010019.jpg

"Triumph"

P1010018.jpg

BSA.

P1010015.jpg

and here's a better shot of the H/D one posted earlier.

P1010004-2.jpg

Peace,

Erle.

--------------------
And you may see me tonight
With an illegal smile
J. Prine

brass

Two Stroke
And lastly, here's the last additions to the line up:

P1010010-2.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010008-2.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010005-2.jpg

P1010004-3.jpg

P1010416-1.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

The "Maple leaf" glasses have seemed to stir up a hornets nest with the old hippies!

Keep in mind that I take pic's. of the glasses while the badges are just "sitting" on the filters. When someone decides they want one, that's when I permanently fasten everything together. So if any of you see a design (glass bowl) that you like, I can put it on ANY filter you like, not just the one in the pic's.

Thought you may like to know that.

The availability and types of designs are getting too large to keep posting in threads, so as soon as I can set up an ebay store, that will be the location to see everything available.

Member prices will stay the same, EXCEPT FOR THAT DAMN "JIM BEAM" one!

By the way, that H/D Bar & Shield, Is PERFECT!

In the pic., it "looks" like the paint is chipped, but it's not, it's the light playing games. It has a chrome boarder all the way around it.

--------------------
Peace.

Erle.

Last edited:

brass

Two Stroke
EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

I wanted to let everyone know that a VERY rare occurrence has occurred.
The planets have aligned once again, unbeknownst to scientists, and I have obtained the allusive A/C filter needed for the HIGHLY COVETED Jim Beam filter!

This is the fourth one I've found in three years.

This one is NOT "makeshift" in ANY way! It is a genuine 1940-50 A/C fuel filter, made in America, and will NEVER see a end to it's expected life span! Just clean and re-use. Filtering element is brass, and will NEVER wear out.

As with all the others, it has been cleaned, wire brushed, threads chased, new gasket, and leak tested.

Using MINE as testimony, I've NEVER touched it since I installed it three years ago.

As far as I know, there are only three others in the world. Paul's (midnight7503) in Australia, Jim's (SDKimo) in California, and MINE, in Florida.

I stand behind it with a lifetime guarantee! (assuming I'm still around)

I think I've stated this before, but I have to ask $115 (plus actual shipping cost & insurance), for the Jim Beams only, due to their rarity.

Anyway, I wish everyone here the BEST for the holidays, and IF your interested, please let me know.

Peace,

Erle.

P1010016-1.jpg

--------------------
And you may see me tonight
With an illegal smile
J. Prine

Do these have any application on modern classics? I have a 2011 Thruxton and think it would make an accent, but have no idea how it works, where to install, and where to install.

brass

Two Stroke
Simpson, THANKS!

SD, they are universal fit, they will work on ANYTHING from a lawn mower to a car/truck.
You just buy brass fuel barbs from your local hardware store, for whatever size fuel line you have, and cut your fuel line and add on, just like any other fuel line filter out there.

Bonniebret, here's a pic of mine on my America.

If you can enlarge the two bottom pic's, you'll see it just under the tank, between the carb. and the carb. intake manifold.

P1010074.jpg

130.jpg

P1010429.jpg

brass

Two Stroke
I've only been listing my bigger (car filters) on ebay, cause I've been busy enough with the smaller ones on these three forums.
But since I need to stockpile some funds for our eight day ride around N.C., & GA., I am adding some of the newer designs here for ya'lls review, but must post any not taken soon on ebay, starting early next week.

Noting some of you may be Firefighters/Paramedics, I thought some may be interested in these newer ones.
Remember--These filters are, on average, 75 years new!
(but work flawlessly, and will NEVER ware out.)
Enjoy;

P1010021-1.jpg

P1010014-3.jpg

P1010020-3.jpg

P1010018-4.jpg

And three larger ones;

P1010019-6.jpg

P1010017-7.jpg

P1010016-5.jpg

Peace,
Erle.

--------------------