Having trouble Starting due to Neutral Indicator...?

ray694

Scooter
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100 Black

Recently, when I go to put the bike in neutral, sometimes the "N" light will light up, sometimes it won't but the bike is out of gear.
the last several days, I have pushed the bike (with it in neutral) out of the garage and when I go to start it up to let it warm up for my morning commute, the engine will not turn over. I put the bike in first, then back in neutral, and it starts.......all the times I have tried to start it the bike has been in neutral so I am not sure what could be the problem...I have not found anything searching on my own.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on....?

Any help is welcome and appreciated......

BonnieBlack

Scooter
There is a neutral switch on the bottom of the engine, it screw in near the oil filter, behind and a bit to the throttle side. It has a connector with two wires. It senses when the transmission is in neutral. Hard to believe that would already be bad on a 2014, but take a look. If it is leaking oil then I'd say that is becoming unreliable.

ray694

Scooter
Took a look at the neutral switch after work and it was snug, wire connected and no leaks, purchased a new one from my local dealer, and once installed, the neutral indicator light works perfectly, restarted several times with no issue....fired right up for my morning commute this morning....

Looks like this has taken care of the problem....

Thanks BonnieBlack for your input........

ray694

Scooter
Wow, biggest news there is that they had one in stock! Happy days, hope that took care of it.

Yeah, right.....even the parts guy was like "wow....we are showing we have one....let me go put my hands on it"
So far, zipping around today, not a single issue with it.....