Good riding weather these days....

mark66

TT Racer
Mark,
Hows the search for a bike coming?

Hey Sal..........I got one coming. Found a '07 Bonneville, Silver paint, not a T100, up in NH. Their replacing a slightly warped front rotor on it, has 4250 miles on the clock. I'm hoping to be able to pick it up maybe Monday, I should hear from them today or tomorrow. Can't wait to get it as you know our weather is starting to change and there's not to many "good" days left!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Tell me about it.This morning when I left for work it was 35 degrees. Yesterday I rode through rain on roads that were covered in leaves. My junker of a car has been broken the last 2 weeks and I have been commuting on the bike. 70 miles round trip per day through Newburgh ( Tractor trailer capital of the northeast) and over Storm King Mountain. The EU I ordered for the car on Ebay should be here tomorrow......

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Yeah, its around 35 degrees here every morning too, with the high around 60-62. Makes for a cold ride to work. Hope you get that car fixed cause looks like you'll be getting pretty wet on the bike in the next day or so.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Ahhh, high today of 82 right now its 61 and I'm gonna put about 300 miles of riding in to test the bike before the track next sunday. Awesome.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Hey Sal..........I got one coming. Found a '07 Bonneville, Silver paint, not a T100, up in NH. Their replacing a slightly warped front rotor on it, has 4250 miles on the clock. I'm hoping to be able to pick it up maybe Monday, I should hear from them today or tomorrow. Can't wait to get it as you know our weather is starting to change and there's not to many "good" days left!

Congradulations on the bike, post some pictures when you get a chance

mark66

TT Racer
Congradulations on the bike, post some pictures when you get a chance

Thanks Sal, drove up to NH last Saturday and got the bike. Had some things to work out this past week. A wheel bearing went on my truck on the way back and just got that fixed yesterday. I really like it and its a lot different compared to the Bonneville America.
Went for a autumn ride with my son today, me on the bonnie and he has a ducati gt 1000. It's starting to get a little cool, specially around 4 o'clock or so. I'll try to get some pics up.:cheers:

Yesterday, Phu Chi Fa - northern Thailand on the border with Laos. No such thing as a bad riding day here....... ;)

PA230023Large.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

mark66

TT Racer
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, Pikey.....what a blast that must have been! And only 1 car coming the other way all the way down. Is the traffic always that lite in that area or just the time of day?

LOL Sal - as I said before, get yourself over here. It's coming into the best riding season now.

Mark, yes, traffic off the main highways is normally very light and we had 3 days riding similar roads - bliss! BTW, enjoy your new toy!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
The last 2 days have been spectacular here in NY, sunny 70 degees . I got out both afternoons for some awesome fall riding. I'm glad I did because now its cold and windy and the forecast is for more cold weather. That may have been it.

koifarm

Hooligan
Another great cold front coming through this week, highs in the low 70's, lows in the mid 50's, looks like the pattern will be with us for the next ten days....rode today down by the river and it's beautiful riding weather, funny thing though, didn't see any other bikes on the road ??? Odd since I usually see dozens on days like this and it is a Friday as well...hmmmm.....maybe all the Harley drivers are unwinding from Biketoberfest or sumthin......
Ah well, time to get the greenhouse going before it gets nippy. Maybe i'll put that off till tomorrow and ride some more....

mark66

TT Racer
Another great cold front coming through this week, highs in the low 70's, lows in the mid 50's, looks like the pattern will be with us for the next ten days....rode today down by the river and it's beautiful riding weather, funny thing though, didn't see any other bikes on the road ??? Odd since I usually see dozens on days like this and it is a Friday as well...hmmmm.....maybe all the Harley drivers are unwinding from Biketoberfest or sumthin......
Ah well, time to get the greenhouse going before it gets nippy. Maybe i'll put that off till tomorrow and ride some more....

Keep riding Koi.....I'm gettin' real jealous......Like Sal said, for up here 70 degrees, yesterday might have been it. Now our highs are in the 50's.

koifarm

Hooligan
Conneticut

Keep riding Koi.....I'm gettin' real jealous......Like Sal said, for up here 70 degrees, yesterday might have been it. Now our highs are in the 50's.

When do you see the first frosts up there Mark? The first snow?

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I'd say the frost is coming in November and snow is possible in December. With that in mind of course the last two times I had the bike out (yesterday and the day before) I beat the crap out of it Hence no pictures.

mark66

TT Racer
When do you see the first frosts up there Mark? The first snow?

We're pretty much the same as what Sal just posted. We can get that 1st good frost anytime now in the next couple of weeks. Snow usually comes in Dec but it has shown up in Nov, though that is kind of rare and it doesn't last. Still got the Triumph in the garage hoping for a day next week, if we're lucky we'll see 60 one more time, I'm hoping!